Chapter Six

I apologize about the crappy beginning into this new chapter I haven't even so much as read Love or Lust in some four years so I'm just trying to find my footing or flow again as it were and hope to have my flow back by the end of this chapter into the next.  Also I'm going to start making my stories longer than I use to so keep that in mind as well, I use to get discouraged by some sharing that my pacing was off or rushed in the past because I thought twelve or thirteen chapters were good enough.  But I see it as something to improve on so instead of having a goal in mind for a certain number of chapters I'm just going to let the story dictate how long it will be.

Hope you Enjoy and don't hesitate to comment, vote and keep on reading! 

Chapter 6 (started 1/16/2022)

After the night with Declan Lennox slowly seemed more like himself though he never told Declan what happened he figured Sebastian had struck him; however, he didn't press the issue if Lennox didn't want to talk about it or tried to hide his black eye.  He did make it a point to come over more and check in on him though to make sure his friend was okay and make sure Skii wasn't causing more problems.  Which he didn't have to worry for long because within a few days she was bragging about hitting it big with a man she met who wanted her to move in with him.  She had her things moved out and things looked to be headed back to the way the were.  Max and Chloe fighting over which way the toilet paper went on the dispenser, Lennox and Declan watching true crime series or horror flicks on the weekends.  Declan knew it wouldn't last long once he got married but he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.

He looked down at Lennox who was currently sleeping on his chest and smiled before ruffling his blonde hair with his hand.  They were once again snuggled up on the couch watching an unsuspecting victim flee a crazy serial killer when Lennox's phone chirped.  He ignored it even when it chirped twice more.  "You can answer that if you need to."

"It's okay, it can wait."

Declan sighed he had an idea of why Lennox wasn't answering but he wasn't sure if he should push since the last time he tried, the night he woke with Lennox when he got the blackeye, Lennox practically threw him out.

"Is it...?"

"He's just trying to apologize again but I'm not ready to respond yet."

"That's okay, anyone willing to hurt someone shouldn't easily get a pass."

Lennox didn't respond he just simply nodded his head and nestled back into Declan's chest.  He couldn't tell him that he'd been thinking about Sebastian and wanted to talk to him it was just that he didn't know what to say or how to go about it.  He was scared to have one in his life he would have to lose the other and he wasn't ready to lose either when Declan was his closest friend and Sebastian was the first man he'd been with in a romantic manner.  It had only been a couple of days but maybe that was enough for Sebastian to really think about what he'd done and his apology was sincere?

The rest of the evening Lennox slept restlessly about his decision and whether or not he was ready to follow through with it.

Sebastian sat in his car outside of the man he'd seen at the store with Lennox while he checked to see if Lennox had responded to any of his texts.  He hadn't even opened them.  Annoyed he tossed his phone down on the passenger seat and turned his attention again to the house he was watching.  In fact, it had become habit for him to wake at all hours and drive aimlessly trying to clear his head or get Lennox out of his thoughts only to be brought back to this house time and time again.  As if it were calling to him, as if for some reason he needed to be there, no he had to be there.  He didn't quite know the reason but he was going to find out, he didn't have a choice.