Chapter Nine

The next class I had Potions. Everyone but the Professor was on time.

Joy groaned sitting back in her seat as Kris tried to keep her hair nice and tidy and out of her face. They began to talk about McGonagall's class and how interesting it was for her to be a cat and a teacher. They spoke of rumors about McGonagall as well but I tried not to listen.

"I heard her husband died!" Joy said," at least that's what my dad said."

"I heard that her husband left after finding she was a witch, said he didn't want a part with her because she had abilities that he didn't-"

"My aunt didn't like my mum cause she had abilities she didn't," I said trying to get a word in," at least that's what Harry told me."

Joy, Draco, and Kris all looked at me as I made my way back out of the conversation. I looked to my parchment and a quill. I thought of something to draw, maybe the night sky in the Great Hall would be a nice drawing to keep somewhere.

"You know, my father says school here was in the dumps when he came, he hopes that I have better luck," Malfoy said as I looked away.

"How are you enjoying it so far Malfoy?" Kris asked.

"I met Nova, it's great-"

"It's great just cause you met her?" Sydney remarked as Draco tried to back himself out. It was too late.

He came busting through the doors, Snape. The door slam made the whole class jump to their feet almost as I took in a deep breath trying to calm myself. There were many students in this class. I sighed and looked to Sydney as she rolled her eyes at me. What did I do? Maybe that was just her character.

I tried to finish my drawing as fast as I could to not take precious time away from the Professor.

Draco sat up strait in this class. Snape walked to the front of the class and stood for a moment thinking of what to say. Snape stared down the class walking back and forth.

"There will be no foolish wand waving in this class room," He started booming his voice around the room. I looked at Draco, who was sitting beside me. I couldn't help wondering eyes, I was excited on my first day. My first Potion class.

"As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science art that is potion making, to those select few of you who do like it." Draco sat up and smirked. He looked to me and looked to Snape as I sat back in my seat watching everyone else in the class. I noticed Harry start taking notes. He was sitting on the other side of me. Harry kept taking them as Snape became inpatient, with that I slapped his arm but he kept going. I nudged him once more as he hit me in the shoulder.

"Harry," I hissed. "Harry, pay attention please."

"I'm taking notes," he hissed at me as I rolled my eyes.

"I can show you how to bewitch the mind and enslave the scenes. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death," He said as he noticed Harry. He glared as Harry was oblivious to the fact. Snape tilted his head watching Harry earnestly. "Then again some of you have the courage not to pay attendance!" Snape screamed as he slammed some books on my desk, Harry jumped up. I breathed in a deep breath of air as I coward in my seat. I hoped he wouldn't call me due to Harry's dullness.

Snape pondered for a moment and looked from me to Harry observing us. I gulped as he smirked sinister like and looked to me.

"Miss Potter," he said satisfied. "Since you and your brother tend to not listen in my class, you shall tell me the difference between Alihotsy and Baneberry?" He asked me as I smirked. I knew this, or how to at least bullcrap it, I didn't know how, but it just came to me.