Chapter Thirteen

I sat in my common room, like a usual day I didn't have a class. In my own choice of apparel I sat thinking of whatever came to my mind. I had to study for some mid-terms in McGonagall's class, I needed to go over the basic magic guides for Filtwick. I sat in the chair staring at the ceiling as there was a ruckus coming out of the fireplace. I walked over and looked up the chimney pipe to see a slithering being finding its way down. A snake crawled out of fireplace. I backed up as it slithered to the middle of the common room. The snake was very pretty. Luckily I was alone so nobody screamed when the snake came in.

"You lost little buddy?"I said walking over to it. It had to've belonged to someone here surely, right?

"I'm sorry, for barging in for this," The snake said. Wait the snake just talked? I shook my head and let out a short laugh. Stay cool.

"Now lets find your owner," I said as I picked up the boa the best I could.

"I do not wished to be picked up!" It screamed," and I am not lost, I am finding something."

I'm alseep, that's what has happened. I drunk a lot of hot chocolate, fell asleep on the couch and when I wake up I will be drawing the snake on the mantle which makes complete sense on why I am dreaming about a talking snake...

"Finding something? Finding what?" I said as the snake climbed up a chair. It looked in a bookshelf as I observed the snakes movements.

"Just an old book, my master left it here, he needs it," the snake said as I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay, I'll play along, who is your master-"

"Shh, special mission to get a special object. Are you going to help?" It asked as I looked to the couch. I'm dreaming, what would it hurt if I helped? Was this snake going to kill me? No, it was just a dream, he would just wake me up.

"Well I just was at- Gryfindope-" it said as if it was asking me if it was right.

"Gryfindor,"I corrected it.

"And all they did was scream, I thought maybe my master hid it in there. Nobody would bother it," it said.

"So, you expect next they would leave it in a Slytherin common room? The 'evilist' of houses at Hogwarts," I said looking out the window.

"You're here aren't you? You're placed in Slytherin-"

"That's different, I'm not like everyone here-"

"And why's that?"

"It-It just is," I said looking on the shelf.

"Quick question, so, your master. Are they bad? You never fully answered my question about how their stuff is in here," I asked.

"And I didn't answer because I don't see it being your business," It said. It didn't turn its head from a bookshelf as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, sassy," I said as I got down from the bookshelf, "I don't even know what I'm looking for."

"A book, should be black, looks sort of like a diary-" it said as I nodded and went back to look. I stood high up on my tippy toes. "Has a few old pages here in there."

"So have you ever-"

"Do you ever shut up?" The snake said as I let out a short laugh.

"I was just going to ask if you talk to humans often," I said as it fell to the floor and looked at me.

"Once, but it was ages ago," it said,"before my master had me, I was locked up in a cage at a zoo. One of your kind saved me."

"My kind?" I said as it went to a different bookcase.