Come Back Home (chapter 3)

Chapter 3

Lauren stood in front of Camila not really knowing what to say.. so she said said the first excuse she could think of.. " I uh.. i just had to ask you a question..", Lauren blushed.

" You could've just texted me, or called you didn't have to waste gas coming all the way here, Lauren..", Camila stood with her hair wrapped around her towel. Lauren could still see water drops dripping down her neck.

" Yeah, but i figured i should do it in person.."

" Ok, well what is it? what is so important that you had to come all the way to my parents house..? "

" Um, i just.. ", Lauren had no idea what she was gonna say.. originally, she wanted to grab Camila and bring her back home.. but she figured that was actually a horrible idea and might lead Camila into hating her guts even more.

" You what, Lauren? "

" I just wanted to say that... i'll agree with what ever decision you've made.."

Camila's chocolate eyes widened, " wait, are you serious? "

" Yes, Camila.. i'll sign the divorce papers.. but under one condition..."

Camila stood nearly shocked as to how quickly Lauren had made up her mind, " Oh, wow.. really, Lauren?"

" Yes, really.."

" under what condition though? "

" I know this might sound kind of nuts.. but what if we spend a few days at our home up in Big Bear? "

" Lauren... yes... that sounds nuts.. Honestly, why would i want to spend more time with you? all i want is for you to sign the divorce. "

" Think of it as our goodbye..as a couple that is... common spending a few last days with me can't be that bad, Camila.. we could use the time to decide what we will do once the baby is born.."

" I already know what i'm doing when the baby is born.. I will have full custody of her, and we'll let the court decide how much time you get with her.."

" No, you can't do that to me.. she's my baby...", Lauren's eyes began to tear..

" But you didn't think of that when you cheated on her mom with a fucking skank, did you?"

Lauren didn't say anything she just looked down at her feet, nearly in tears.

" You didn't think your actions would have consequences, did you, Lauren? well they did.. and i had enough of it.. Your daughter will always be yours, but she didn't deserve any of it.. and you know what else? "

" ...what..", Lauren's voice was low, and she wouldn't look at Camila in the eye.

" I learned.. so much from you, and believe it or not everything i did learn, i will treasure if for the rest of my life."

Lauren couldn't really believe what she was hearing, " Do you mean that? what was the best thing i taught you? "

" You taught me to love myself... and to value my life, not just for the child inside me, but for myself.. you taught me that there's a solution to everything if you really try..."

" If i taught you to love yourself, does that mean that there's still hope for me in your heart?"

" You've taught me to love myself so much... so much that i can let YOU go.. what you did to me wasn't fair, at all.. No one deserves that.. not even me.."

" But Camila.. i love you."

" I believe you.. but i believe you loved me at one point in your life. I don't believe you love me at this point.. i think its just your conscious, Lauren.. you feel guilty."