Come Back Home (chapter 13)

" Babe, are you sure your mom is okay with watching Ava for now?"

" Lauren..for the millionth time, YES.. she's more than okay.. Ava is safely sleeping in the room with her.. we're gonna pick her up soon don't worry..", Camila giggled as she pushed her wife's wheelchair.. she couldn't quite remember where she had parked her car.

" God, i feel like I had been stuck in that hospital for a year.. and now i'm finally free, and coming home."

" Well, if two weeks, and two days seemed like a year, then i suppose! ", Camila tucked her hand into her coat, searching for something......"When i walked into your room this morning.. there was a letter with your name on it.. i put it in my pocket so we wouldn't forget it.. so here you go..", Camila handed her the letter... not even knowing who it was from.

" A letter for me? why didn't you open it, babe? ", she took the letter, and began to open it.

" Because it's for you, silly.. I'm gonna park your wheelchair here, while i back the car out.. now let me know if there's a car behind, you know i suck at driving.."

" Yeah, yeah, i'll watch your back..", she unfolded the letter.. still not sure as to who would write one for her..

" Dear, Lauren
  I know it's been years since i've made contact with you..but i hope you know that i've thought about you all along. I'm a coward, i know, for walking out on you, and your mother, i haven't yet forgive myself for it. I know you're grown, i also know you're married..you've started your own family, and i want you to know that i absolutely proud of the woman you've become.. I heard about your little one on the way.. you are going to make a great mother to her.. so much better than i ever was a father to you. I hope we can meet up soon, for lunch.. i would love to meet my granddaughter.. even if it's just for a bit. You didn't give up.. just like i knew you wouldn't. I love you, Lauren. Hope to hear from you soon..
Love, Dad.."

Lauren put the letter back down, as she wiped off her tears.. Her fathers words had gotten to her, and she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it, yet..but in a sense, she felt relieved for some reason.. she knew her dad was okay, and she was content to know that.. Although, she wasn't sure if she'd see him soon, she did take it into consideration.. Just as she put her letter into her pocket, she saw Camila walking back to her..

" Hey, lets get you into the car since there are no cars passing by!", Camila went behind her, and pushed her wheelchair so she could climb into the passenger seat.

" Baby..," Lauren whispered as she put her seat belt on..

" yeah? "

" Have i told you how much i love you today..?"

Camila smiled as she put her seat belt on as well, " Hmmm, nope.. you have not!"

" Well.. i love you.. i love you more than i could ever love.."

" I know you do, baby... by the way who was the letter from? "

Lauren blushed, " Oh... from a friend.. an old friend that wanted to simply say hi.."

" Oh... okay.. let's get you home.. i've got plans for us.."

" What kind of plans, Mrs. Jauregui..", Lauren looked over to Camila and she winked.

" YOU WILL SEE.."

" Does this include you naked? "

" You're such a dork..", Camila giggled, she turned the car on, and headed home with her wife next to her.

After a few days of Lauren getting used to being a mom, waking up every two hours to help feed Ava.. and change dirty diapers, she was finally feeling way better, and was able to move around.