one

We've always had problems, Bellamy and I.

We lie to each other, fight like siblings, yet we still manage to be the best of friends.

Most of the time, I'm the problem.

He and I have very different personalities: I'm rebellious and outgoing and he's reserved and quiet.

We're total opposites but I think that's why we work as friends.

Sometimes I feel like I weigh him down, though, like I'm a bad influence.

Sometimes I think he'd be better off without me where he can prosper, making a theorem that changes our Universe or something.

"Enna, would you stop, please?" Bell whines, "I'm trying to do schoolwork!" He groans but I continue to dance around the room to the sounds of heavy metal.

"Nope, this is my jam!" I cheer.

"Everything's your 'jam'" I can see him rolling his eyes out of the corner of my eye.

"Vienna Rosalind James," He snaps, standing up from his desk.

"Yes?" I ask innocently.

"Act your age."

"Bellamy Louis Parker," I mimic, putting my hands on my hips, "We're twelve."

"You act like you're five, can't you take anything seriously?" He asks, sighing exasperatedly.

"Nope," I smile cheekily.

"Turn that music off, you're going to get me in trouble," He scoffs.

"Can you atleast try to live a little?" I beg.

"I am living, you just need to grow up," he snaps and I wince, but not enough for him to see.

"You just need to grow up," his voice repeats in my head.

"What about you, huh? Maybe you just need to act your age! You're 12 and you act like you're at Uni!" I fire back.

"Better than living in the past!" He retorts, "I'm sick and tired of you not taking anything seriously, all you do is mess about! There are more important things in this world than having a laugh!" He yells as if he'd been waiting to say the words for years.

"Well if I'm such a nuisance to you then maybe we shouldn't be best friends anymore!" I say impulsively.

"Fine by me!" He throws his arms up.

"Be-" I say frantically, regretting everything I said.

"Just leave," he sighs, holding his bedroom door open.

And that's what I did: I left and I didn't look back.

I just had no idea where I was about to go.