twenty five

BELLAMY

I race through traffic to get to Enna's house, she's got to know about this douche.

Even if I'm not on "good" terms with her, I'd never want to see her hurt like that.

I get to her house, and don't waste any time on barging in without warning.

What? Their front door is always unlocked, for some odd reason anyway.

"Bellamy, what the hell are you doing?" Vienna stands up quickly from where she's sat on the couch.

"There's.... There's something you need to know about this Will bloke you're going to the dance with..."

"Okay. First of all: how'd you know I was going with him? Second of all: why is it any of your concern? You hate me, remember?" She scoffs, crossing her arms.

"Enna... I don't hate you. We may not be on great terms but I don't want to see you get hurt and this twat has got a history of harming his girlfriends... sexually abusing them."

"That's hard to believe, where'd you even hear that?" She rolls her eyes.

"I have my sources," I say quietly.

"You still haven't answered my first question."

"Okay.... I kind of assumed he'd ask you so that's why I said that."

"Who are you to come into my house acting like you know everything about him just to "keep me from being hurt?" I mean, you made it pretty clear that you wanted nothing to do with me!" She throws her arms up in the air.

"Because, Vienna," he takes his necklace out from under his shirt, showing it to me, "this is why."

"You were right... I never took it off, and I don't plan to because even if I don't want to admit it, you are a part of me. And seeing you hurt by that wanker would make me want to kill someone."

"Please don't kill anyone," she murmurs, looking down at her feet.

"Enna..." I move toward her, taking a hold of her hand.

"No, I don't believe you. You're just trying to get back at me or something."

"I'm not, really," I plead, angry and concerned.

"Bell, just get out of here," she pulls her hand out of my grasp, turning away from me.

I start to grow even more angry and helpless, because I let my grudge get in the way of her safety.

"You don't have to tell me twice," I growl, slamming their door shut behind me.

Literally just fuck everything, I can't do anything right.

And I'm too stubborn. Too stubborn to realise that I miss Vienna. Too stubborn to realise that the life I'm living now is not what I truly want. Too stubborn to realise that I am not me.

And too stubborn to admit that I am capable of loving and, maybe even, being loved.