seventeen

(Lol I forgot to mention that Vienna wears glasses oops. Also, Vienna is very stupid in this chapter)

Vienna

"Alright, students!" Dr. Penske claps his hands, getting the attention of the class, "We're going to be doing a lab today, so pair up!"

Everyone gets up and we get into our lab groups. My partner is David, a quiet boy that sits in the back of the class. He sort of reminds me of Ben when we were friends.

I'm just glad Bellamy isn't my partner.

"I need to go get something from the office, behave and don't mess with anything yet!" Our teacher yells, walking out of the room.

I take off my glasses and put on the safety goggles, setting up the equipment.

(That's what not to do lmao ^)

We sit there and wait for the teacher to return, but something startling occurs:

"Fire!" Someone yells and people race out of the room.

Great. Someone just had to fuck things up.

I look around for my glasses, but I can't find them.

Where the hell could they even be? They don't have legs, they can't just walk away!

I crouch down on the floor to look for them, then start to cough from the fumes.

"Vienna, come on!" I hear someone faintly yell, but the smoke that surrounds me is thick and I can't figure out where to 'come on'. Plus I don't even have my glasses.

I inhale more of the chemicals and smoke, making me feel faint and weak, "Help!" I cough, wheezing.

The world around me becomes a blurry haze and I sink to the floor. I try so hard to get up, but for some odd reason gravity is making me immobile.

I cough more and come to a conclusion: I'm probably going to pass out.

I open my eyes, watching the flames come closer to me and panic, trying to crawl away from them.

I feel a grip on my arm that drags me across the floor, then feel myself being lifted. I try to see who it is, but it hurts too much to even try; the chemicals are too strong for my eyes.

I feel myself being bobbed up and down with every steps the person takes, then feel the air around me become thinner.

We must be outside of the classroom.

"Hang in there," I hear them say, then hear sirens.

I squint my eyes open and look up slightly, seeing the outline of a masculine-looking chin.

I don't know who's carrying me until they speak again, "Almost there, Enna," he says, and I automatically know it's Bellamy.

I'm sat on something flat, yet cushioning, and moved away into what I assume is ambulance, then I open my eyes fully.

An oxygen mask is put on my head as they push me into the back, "I'll go, she's my best friend," Bellamy lies to the paramedic, hopping in beside me.