five

Vienna

I pick up my bags, getting ready to go to the platform with my family.

Dad said everything was being shipped and driven to London so we don't have to worry about driving all our stuff there.

"Ready, darling?" My mum asks as we're about to board and I nod reluctantly.

We take our seats and I spend the ride listening to music while looking out the window.

It makes me realise something: maybe this whole move could be a good thing.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe, just maybe, moving to London will be good for me.

But I know that I'm going to miss him dearly when I get sad or need someone to talk to, he's the perfect person for that.

If I was ever sad or upset, he'd always find a way to make me feel better which I don't know how he managed that.

I've convinced myself that what we had is called a 'half ass friendship', I feel like I could've been more considerate with him. I suddenly think of all the times I could've been there for him but I wasn't.

How'd he even put up with me?

I was such a bad friend.

"Honey, we're at the station," my mum shakes my shoulder, breaking me out of thoughts.

I nod and gather my things, ready to start anew.

But the truth is: I don't think I'll ever be ready for anything without him, and that scares me.

After all, there's really no way for him to reach me.