Chapter 3

As I parked in front of my house, I get out of the car and watch Aaron get out at the same time. I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it, "thanks for the ride", he says ever-so casually and starts walking towards the house next to mine. Wait what? "You liv-"
he turns around halfway, "Yep. I live next to you" he smirked. "How come I've never seen you though?" He only shrugged. He starts walking again but after a step he turns around and says "See you at 5" he pauses, "neighbor", and with a wink, off he went. I just stood there staring at him. How come I've really never seen him the entire time he lived right, freakin, beside me!

"Are you gonna stand there all day Jordan?" my mom yells from inside the house. I see her peeking through a window. "Yeah I'll be right there" I yell back as I groan out loud and walk towards my house.

"So what were you and Aaron talking about?" my mom asks with a wink. I roll my eyes, "Mommm it's nothing like that. I just gave him a ride. But yeo I did NOT know he is our neighbor."
"You're so clueless about your surrounding sometimes. At least take a look at our neighbors!"
"So you've known he lives there?"
"Yes. And now you're going to ask 'how'. Well unlike you I actually greet my neighbors."
"It's not like that! It's just.. I never thought Aaron Mathews would be my neighbor." And then I remembered. "Oh by the way, he's coming over at 5 for tutoring in Algebra" I say sheepishly. "So he's tutoring you in algebra? I think you're grades are good thou-"
"No mom, I'm tutoring him" I roll my eyes.
"Huh.." my mom says quietly and zoned out somewhere. "That's weird...." she mutters to herself.

I was about to walk to my room when the doorbell goes off. I wasn't expecting anybody yet, it's only 4.
I open the door and surprise surprise it's Aaron. "Um you're supposed to come at 5."
"Yea but I figured, why not start early" he says with a fake enthusiastic smile.

"Who is it Jordan?" my mom asks from the kitchen. "Oh it's Aaron, hey Emma" Aaron chides in. You've got to be kidding me... "So you guys seem pretty close, huh?" I ask with narrowed eyes. "Yeah well unlike you, your mother has manners to get to know your neighbors" he says, faking decency.
"Oh hey darling. Jordan told me about the tutoring, good luck!" mom comes out of the kitchen and hugs him.

"Uhh" I roll my eyes, making sure he didn't see it. "Come in and settle down in my room, ima be right back", he replied with a nod.

He starts walking and took about 3 steps before turning to me, "uh, where is your room? I know it's beside my room but I don't really know the directions." Really Jordan? The guy has been in your house for the first time and you just tell him to go somewhere he doesn't know the location of. "Oh right, sorry. Come with me", and with that, I dive towards my room with Aaron tagging along. We reach my room and he gets settled onto my bed while I grabbed some clothes and go to the bathroom to change. I had to be in my comfy clothes.

I get out the bathroom and see he's got all the notes and papers and homeworks sorted out. Nice..

I settle down beside him. "Alright so, do you know the basic maths of algebra?"
"Mm Hmm" he nods.
"Cool so we'll start with what's going on in class."
"Alright sounds cool."

A second later I start teaching him, he goes "woah woah woah wait." I look at him. "So we're just gonna dive straight into the tutoring? No what's ups? No how's your family? No conversation?" I stare at him for a good second. "I just.." I pause, "I didn't think you'd be interested in making conversation with me, because I clearly remember I tried to talk to you the day you asked me my name, but you just shut me off. So I didn't bother trying, sorry", I say without looking at him.
"Wow" he breathed out. "I, I never thought of that. I'm sorry" he says apologetically. "What is this? Who says better sorry marathon?" i say trying to lighten up the moment. He chuckled. "So tell me about yourself."

"Get ready then, because I have a very interesting life" I smirk. "yea I doubt it" he rolls his eyes at me.

"Well what do you wanna know?" I ask. "Everything" he breathed out, with an emotion I couldn't recognize in his eyes. "Ask, I'll answer." He seemed to like the idea so he goes along with it.
"Favorite color?"
"Blue and purple."
"Siblings?"
"Nope."
"Hobbies?"
"Singing, reading, traveling and drawing slash doodling. I'm not much good at drawing and my attempts suck." I laugh with him laughing along.
"What do you wanna be?"
"I..haven't thought of that yet. Now that you've said it, I'm probably going to think about it tonight."
"Hmm lemme know when you know." I smile.

I always thought Aaron would be arrogant and, you know, uncomfortable to talk to. But he's so chill and comfortable and nice to talk to. He was actually trying to get to know me. I honestly never thought I'd even be talking to Aaron Mathews so comfortably.

"What are your likes and dislikes?"
"Oh you'll get to know everything about me as days go by" I say with a wink.
"Hmm so a little bit flirty, I see? I can handle that" he smirks.
My eyes go slightly wide, "w-what? No I wasn-",
"Chill, I was joking" he chuckles. I feel my cheeks burning slightly. "We should get on with the algebra" I say, hoping he didn't see me blush. He gave a nod and shuffled a bit to start the tutoring. And with that, our tutoring session began, and the weird thing about all this is that..he does algebra better than me.