Chapter 17

First stop, New York.

That's right. We're starting our road trip, today.

-morning-before they head out-
"Everyone set?" Matt yells out, earning a shout of "YEA" in unison from the rest 11 people, and we all fall into laughter. It was gonna be amazing. Traveling to new cities with my best friends, my group.

We're traveling in 3 cars, 4 people in each.

It's going like-
Max, Dylan, Jen and Amanda in one.
Matt, Jake, Lucy and Brit in another.
Aaron, Nate, Aliyah and I in the other.

I know it seems like Aaron, Nate, Aliyah and I are together in almost everything. And I must admit too, they three are probably my closest friends in our group. I'm also really close with Dylan, and Matt, actually.

"Guys lets get going!" Jen urged. I nod in agreement, "I wanna start this as soon as possible!"

"God, girls are so impatient," Dylan rolled his eyes. "Shut up," all the girls say in unison. And we fall into a fit of laughter. That's what I love most about my friends. We can laugh about anything and everything, and it's never a bore with them. Well yeah, it is, but you know what I mean. I always have fun when I'm with them and we just do whatever we can to compliment each other in a friendship sort of way. If that make sense...

Anyways, we all settle into the cars and decide to finally start the trip. Here we go! I've never been more excited.

I jacked the passenger seat as Aaron is the driver for now. In the back is Aliyah and Nate. From the rearview mirror, I can see those two sneaking glances at each other. Hmmm I'll think about that later.

"How much longer?" I groan.
"Seriously? It's been 10 minutes since we got in the car."
"Your point?" I snap.
I get a commotion of rolling of the eyes from the three of them.

After three hours of tons of jokes, laughter, chatter, singing and dancing in place, we call the drivers of the other cars in a group call so we can decide what to do next.

"I think we should make a teensy weensy stop to eat something" Jen suggests, hope clear in her voice. As if on cue, her stomach starts grumbling and we all could hear it through the phone. We all burst into laughter as I hear Jen mutter "not funny."

"Anyways..." Jake starts, "Maybe we can stop at a small diner."

Hums and yesses later, we all decide to meet up at one diner which is approximately 10 minutes away.

After we're done eating, we head back into our cars and off we go again.
At 6 o clock, we make another group call and decide to crash at a hotel for the night. We were all too tired to function. Who knew sitting in a car for hours can make you tired. Well yes I knew but you know what I mean. We book rooms in the nearest hotel we could find, which was about 30 minutes away.

The boys are staying in 3 rooms and so are the girls. So in total, we booked 6 rooms, 2 people in each. Aliyah and I in one, obviously. I don't know about the rest.

"Where's my goodnight kiss?" Aaron whined. Since when did I ever give him a goodnight kiss? "Aw little baby swad?" I fake pout and say in a baby voice. He seemed to follow along. He fake pouts as well and nods childishly. I let out a laugh and mutter a quick 'goodnight' and head inside. I call everyone and put them in a group call as we decide to order room service for food and get done with the night. We'll be meeting up in the lobby tomorrow morning at 10 am and continue the drive to New York. Everyone seems to be okay with that plan so we all say goodnight and hang up.

"Tell me everything" Aliyah urged as soon as we ended the call. I give her a confused look. "About what?" I ask. She rolled her eyes, "Aaron, duh." Again I send her a confused look, "What about him?" "Girl I swear I will throw you out the window" she groaned.
I give her a look, "There's nothing specific to tell."
"Are you two in love with each other?"
"What? No!"
"Does he like you?"
"No he does not."
"Do you like him?"
"N-no I do not."
"You stuttered" she stated.
"N-no."
"You stuttered again."
I take a in a breath. "No."
"Did he take you on a date?" she asks. "No. Well- yea. But it wasn't a real date."
"What do you mean 'it wasn't a real date'?"
Then I explain to her about the owing and going to the party as his date, except it wasn't really a date, I just owed him something and he asked for it. "Oh. But I think he likes you."
I raise my brow, "And what made you think that?"
She rolled her eyes, "Girl do you see the way he looks at you? You don't even see it! He looks at you when you're not even looking. He looks at you when you're talking and laughing and smiling. He's transformed from this bad boy to good boy for you" she pauses, "okay he's not a 'good boy' he's still the bad boy of Aradale but you know what I mean."

I stare at her stunned. "You just made him sound like a stalker and not a lover boy", I shake my head. She glares at me, "You're so oblivious."

Am I?