Chapter 23

"Ughhh, Spring break just went by so quick" I groan as I enter through the gates of school.

I walk to my locker and instantly find Aliyah, Lucy, Jake and Dylan standing by it. "Hey guys, welcome back to school" I say in a bored tone. "Yeah yeah wonderful" Dylan groaned. Ah I love how they just get me.

"Anyone seen Aaron?" I ask.
"Nope" Lucy says.
Aliyah shakes her head, while Dylan says "Hmm someone's eager to see him," he smirked. I shoot him a glare and we disperse as the bell for homeroom rang.

Aaron is in the same homeroom as me, and hopefully he actually decided to come to school today.

I skim over all the students, all wearing spring and summer clothes. Well it's like 70 degrees outside. Not summer-like hot yet, but getting there.

Last year in winter, it was 60 degrees. It barely felt like winter. Always felt like fall.

"Jordan" someone says my name and snaps their finger in my face. "h-huh?" I didn't even realize I was lost in thoughts. I look over to see who it is, -Aaron.

"So you decided to show up to school," I smirked.
He smiles and says "Yep. Only for you," and kisses my nose.

I blush at the sudden action, but nonetheless, get over it.
Why does my stomach flutter at every little movements he makes? Are these just my crazy teenage hormones going more crazy, or am I actually actually starting to like him?

You already like him, the voice in my head speaks up.
Oh shush.

~*~

I'm sitting at our table, it's lunch at the moment. Everyone's here, except Aaron. We haven't talked since homeroom. I guess he's just been busy, and it's not like I've had any free periods either. Which makes me wonder where he is.
"Looking for Aaron?" someone at our table says.
I ignorantly nod, didn't even realize I was admitting that I'm looking for Aaron to all my friends. My head snaps towards who said it, and gah who else would it be, other than Matt.

"Shut up. I meant to say no" I glare at him while everyone is laughing.

"I'm going to my locker" I tell them and head towards my locker.

I see Aaron standing by my locker, with something he's hiding behind his back. I cautiously approach him.
"Hey.. What're you doing by my locker?"
"I needed to ask you something." I slowly nod my head, but then say, "Suree, but first I need to ask you something." It's his turn to nod. "What's their behind your back?"

He opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it. Then again he opens it then closes it.

What's up with him?

"Just hear me out, would you?" he groaned.
"I don't know where this is going, but okay.." I respond.

"Jordan, I-I've been wanting to ask you this for awhile now." I nod my head, motioning to him to go on.
"I've actually, uh, been wanting to ask you this, uh" he wipes a sweat that was trickling down the side of his face. "I- uh"
"Aaron, just tell me whatever you want to tell me."

He nods, then takes a deep breath and brings out the hand he was hiding behind his back. In his hand he held about a dozen pink roses, all wrapped in a bow. "Jordan, will you go on a date with me?" He adds, "Please?" Hope clear in his voice.

Woah woah woah.
Back up.
Back, the hell, up.

Is Aaron asking me out on a date?

Aaron asking me on a date?

The bad boy of Aradale asking me, Jordan Elle Mathews, on a date?

A freakin date?!

I realize I haven't answered him.

I nod my head as I say, "Yes. I'd like that" and smile at him.

~*~

"We kissed," I say, "and he asked me out on a date."
Cue the screaming, shrieking, fainting.

Okay so maybe not actually fainting, but she was almost going to.

A billion of 'oh my god's later, she finally calms down and listens asks me where he's taking me out.

I shrug, "I don't really know. He didn't tell me. He only told me to be ready by 8." She nods and says she's going to help me get ready.

I groan. "Please don't cake my face with makeup, or make me wear a dress that screams 'fuck me'." She rolled hey eyes and we continue with our day.

~*~

A paper airplane just came through my open window.
I get up and instantly knew it's from Aaron, with a letter written on the airplane. How I knew? I just did.
I open the letter and read it. It said 'dress fancy'. That's all it said, and my excitement level definitely got higher.
So it's not a casual date. It's a fancy smanshy date, which I cannot wait for.

~*~

Aliyah and I do my makeup. Light smokey eyes, 2 coats of mascara, winged liner on my top last line, and pencil eye liner is lining my lower lash line, completing the makeup look with red lips and a pink blush on my cheeks.

My dress is a black and white printed red, no sleeve and goes upto a little bit farther than my mid-thighs. (picture on the side). I throw on a black jacket on top so I don't feel cold.

Heart shaped earrings on my ears, a couple of rings coating my fingers on both hands, and a diamond bracelet are my accessories for the night.

My hair is done is loose curls.

Looking at my reflection on the mirror, I nod my head in approval. I thank Aliyah for helping me and not making me look like a slut, and get my purse ready.

Money -check.
Gum -check.
Lipstick -check.
Earphones -check.
Phone -check.

~*~

"You look beautiful" he says as we're in the car. Now most girls would blush and say thank you. But me, well since it's his thousandth time saying this to me, I roll my eyes and say "This is the thousandth time you've said this." He chuckles, "Well that's because it's true." This time, I blush.

We make conversation and have a good little singing party as we reached the destination.