Chapter 8

Honk.

I jump, startled. Aaron stops midway.

"Get out of the way!" the driver shouts at us from inside the car. "had to ruin the moment..." Aaron mutters to himself.

"Sorry!" I apologize quickly and scramble across the road clutching Aaron alongside. As soon as we reach the sidewalk I burst into laughter. I watch Aaron look at me with narrowed eyes, obviously amazed at my reaction.

"Way to ruin the moment," he rolls his eyes. "Let's just keep walking" he says quietly. And with that, we fall into a comfortable silence.

Then obviously, to ruin the comfortableness, my stupid mind had to go on overthink.

Was he really going to kiss me?! What if he had kissed me? What then? Or maybe he was going to pull back again, maybe it was just another prank? Ughh.

I hadn't realized I groaned out loud.. "What's up?" Aaron asks with concern. "Nothing" I mumble.

"Well we're here," he points to my house. God where am I lost? I hadn't even realized when we stopped in front of my house. "Thanks for tonight. Stepping on your foot was real fun" I grin. He smirks, "no, thank you. It was real fun to let you step on it." I laugh lightly, smacking him on his chest playfully. "Goodnight," I start walking towards the door.

He grabs my hand, "wait." I turn around to face him with  a questioning look. "I wanna do this," and with that, he leans in and leaves a lingering kiss on my lips. I freeze at the action. He gives me a 1000 watt smile and starts walking away. I just stand there for a moment, watching his silhouette get smaller and smaller as he walked down the street to somewhere. I mean, where is he going at this time of the night? He lives right next to me bro...

I slowly unlock my main doors and get in, only to find the house is empty. Hmm, that's weird. Where is everyone?

"Mom where are you guys?" I call my mom on her cellphone (no pun intended ;) okay maybe there is) worriedly. "Oh honey I'm so sorry I couldn't contact you before leaving. Actually everyone in the house- we've come to Aunt Martha's house, it was an emergency. She's had a stroke and we're all waiting for her to get back from the hospital." What. "Then shouldn't you guys just go to the hospital?"
"We didn't think it would be right to crowd the hospital. Plus, she'll be here soon. I'm so sorry we're gonna have to stay the night." WHAT?! "You'll be alright, right honey?" I can almost see the worried look on my mom's face. "Honey?" Shit I dazed off. "Ye-yea mom I'll be fine. Just take care." She releases a breath of relief. "Be careful Jordan, don't let any stranger come in, check the gas stove and the oven, make sure all the doors and windows are secured and just-just take care of yourself okay? Food is in the fridge if you were hungry." Food. Well that certainly makes things better.

"Mom mom I'll be fine. It's literally just one night, I can take care of myself" I urge.
"Okay goodnight." "goodnight mom"

I run up to my room to change into clothes I can breathe in. Unicorn pjs and my dad's large size t shirt. What a wonderful feeling.

The time is 12:30 am. I haven't seen Aaron come back. Maybe he did come back I just didn't see him. Oh well, he's a big boy he can take care of himself.

Shoot I just had to think about him! Now all I can think about is the kiss. UGH. But oh my god, he kissed me. He kissed me. He kissed me. What now? Jeez Jordan stop overthinking. Overthinking over kills everything.

But he kissed you for gods sake! a part of me said.

He's the bad boy, he prolly kisses around a ton of girls another part of me said.

But he freakin kissed you Jordan Mathews! ugh.

He probably likes you a part of me said.

But what if you're just thinking it, and it's not really true? there goes my negative side.

"JUST SHUT UP", I yelled at no one. Well.. at myself.

"Oookay is this a bad time?" he's here.

Authors note.
Okay so this chapter is definitely shorter than my other chapters. I try to make all my chapters at least a 1000 words long and this chapter was about 750, so I'm sorry about that. I just thought this would make a good ending for a chapter :)