Legal Advice

Isshin met up with the person he wished to meet with at a bar, to have some drinks. After he received the news he had, he defiantly needed something to drink, as his nerves were frazzled and he needed something to calm him, not to mention someone to help him think things to a possible positive outcome.

Someone came and sat down next to him. "You are lucky that I just got off duty, Kurosaki Isshin. How are the kids?"

"Karin and Yuzu have hit that obnoxious preteen state," the ex-taicho muttered.

"You didn't mention Ichigo," Isshin's old friend chuckled. "Let me guess… he's a typical teenager?"

"I wish sometimes. I mean, most boys think about girls, Ichigo thinks about the spirits he sees," Isshin took a deep drink.

"I could talk to him about it, if you ever need me too," came the other man's reply as he took a drink.

"Atsuo… he doesn't know that you could see spirits. Hell, he doesn't know that his mother could… well, maybe he figured that out now," Isshin muttered. "Damn hollows."

"You couldn't have done anything… I couldn't do anything… was a hall of a mess to clean up," the police officer muttered into his drink. "They wanted to open a full fledged investigation. But that whole thing is like my past… a mess that even I can't understand."

"Don't be so harsh on your self," Isshin stated. "You can't do anything about your memories going missing."

"No… I am lucky that Urahara has covered for me somehow whenever people have brought up the question of my age and myself not looking as old as I am," lieutenant Tomo muttered. "You said you wanted to talk to me about something."

"I know of a woman who takes care of this kid see. She takes really good care of the kid, makes sure he stays out of trouble. He is a very good kid, but one day, she thought she did something, and she… got mad at him and hurt him, something she had never done before," Isshin stated. "As a person in law enforcement, Tomo Atsuo, do you think that she could still take care of the kid?"

"I…" the other man took a sip of the alcohol. "Good question, as I don't know this woman as well as you. It would possibly take character testimony to get out of this mess and the kid back into her custody."

"She turned herself in," the Isshin closed his eyes.

"That will help her case, I think," the police officer commented.

"Yes… well, she wants to be punished, and I have an idea who the judge and jury will be in this," came the ex-taicho's reply. "I want to go and help, but I have the feeling that I will cause more trouble, and the kid… I don't think that he would want to see me."

"Hold it… what is your connection to this kid. Please tell me you didn't have an affair!" Atsuo suddenly protested.

"You don't trust me?" Isshin suddenly waved my hand. "Do I appear to be a womanizer? I haven't seen the kid in awhile and I don't know if he would be happy seeing me after all these years."

"How many years?" the lieutenant cop asked.

"Uhh… I forget," a big gulp was taken from the cup.

"You're hiding something here," Atsuo set down his cup.

"Because it might very well effect you, and Ichigo, and the girls," Isshin stated. "In a negative way. And… you know that there are things I can't tell you… you have to regain your memories on your own."

"A kid is involved though, right," the other man scratched his chin. "If I were in your position, I would put the kid first… but then you have other kids."

"And if I go, there is a chance…" Isshin closed his eyes. "I am worried about abandoning the girls. Ichigo can take care of himself, but he's got enough on his plate. I don't know what is going to happen, or how long it is going to take."

"Simple… until you get back, even if it takes years, I'll step in," the man glugged down the rest of his drink. "You and Masaki are, were… well, your family is my family."

"This also might dreg up some things that you won't like," Isshin stated firmly. "I was hoping that your memories would come back normally, but… with this in might end up… oh… and I have no plan."

"Plan? When have you ever come up with a plan?" the Atsuo muttered. "As I recall, you never have before."

"Because if I do it wrong, people are going to just get hurt," Isshin stated, then glanced at his watch. "Where the hell are they?"

"Urahara and his crew?" the other man laughed, only to hear some murmurings as people turned towards the doorway. "I think that our three drinking buddies showed up."

Isshin reached up and waved his hand, the man coming over and sitting down, tipping his head while Yoruichi went to go and arm wrestle some of the guys hanging out at the bar, likely to win every spar. The ex-taicho turned towards Urahara. "I need to go back to my hometown."

"Really…" a green pinstriped hat tipped. "Are you sure… you didn't want Ichigo to know… and a few others."

"Ichigo found out. Have you heard about Shiro-chan?" Isshin stated, causing Tomo to jump a bit, a far away look in his face.

"That he got hurt by her? Yeah, I heard," Urahara stated. "You know that they might not let you come back."

"I'll take care of the kids," Atsuo sighed.

"No," Urahara tilted his hat. "Atsuo… if Isshin goes, then you might end up in a world of hurt too. I would end up taking care of the girls."

Except this comment suddenly found himself with a slipper thrown at the back of his head. Yoruichi glared at the man. "I will be the one taking care of the two girls, you baka. I'll take Ururu with me and we can have a girl's party."

"Ohh…" Tessai came over, quite excited. "Ururu's first sleepover…"

"I am so not going to ask," Atsuo rolled his eyes. "I trust Yoruichi… while my head says no under normal logic, the fact that I can see ghosts and my inner voice says go with it Isshin, that this is important."

"Ichigo asked me to do this," Isshin stated firmly.

"Oh… on a side note… I heard about your new rookie partner," Urahara smirked. "That he is considered a bit loony because he can see ghosts!"

Atsuo threw a glare at the man. "You heard because I asked you to cover up for it baka. The only reason I became his partner was because he needed someone to stop him from spouting of what most people think is nonsense."

"I'll open up the gate for you tonight," Urahara whispered, then turned to Atsuo. "Since Isshin is leaving tonight, you'll go over to see the kids tonight?"

"Haven't seen them in awhile. I'll say Isshin is on a sabbatical," Atsuo suddenly commented.

"Good, good!" Urahara stated, waving his hands. "Things should turn out all right."

"You're just being overly optimistic," Atsuo muttered.

"Better then your pessimistic outlook," Yoruichi sighed.