Chapter S E V E N

Authors note:
okay guys I'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating in more than a month ;-; I've been really busy but now it's my Christmas school break hopefully I'll be able to update more (yes I know I've said something like that before lmao I'm sorry~)
Have fun crying guys because I certainly imagined this vividly enough to make me feel extremely emotional :"") I didn't really proof read this because I'm really tired so I apologise for any mistakes or spelling errors in advance.

Jungkook POV
Next week is exam week. Haeun has been studying like crazy. She's staying up late and not eating..
I'm honestly really worried for her. What if she gets really sick? She gets good grades anyway, even without studying, but she always says the same thing when I tell her to rest: "I need to do my best for my biological mother and my adoptive one. They have done so much for me. This is the very least I can do."
I can see how serious she is about this but I hate seeing her get steadily thinner and not doing anything about it.
She's not the only one I'm worried about though. I feel like Yein has been acting really weird recently. Is it just me? It's as if when me and Haeun are together, she avoids us, but if either of us are alone, she's more comfortable. I've seen her chat happily with Haeun until I go up to them and join them, and she's done that when she's talking to me and Haeun joins us too. AARGH! WHY ARE WOMEN SO COMPLICATED?!
Haeun POV:
I seem to always end up falling asleep at the school library nowadays and going home at midnight. I hate myself for putting Jungkook through this because I know he's worried for me, but I have to do this. I have to do well for both of my mothers.
Jungkook always either waits with me to go home with him since he doesn't live far from me or leaves a sticky note with a cute message stuck on my forehead before leaving. This cutie..STOP MAKING MY HEART FLUTTER JEON JUNGKOOK. I AM ALREADY YOURS, OKAY.
Jungkook POV:
Today was like every other day has been for the past 2 weeks. This time, though, Haeun and I managed to persuade Yein to study with us. Well. Haeun studied. Me and Yein kinda just talked and joked around.
After a tedious hour of "studying", Yein said she wanted to go home. Haeun told me to walk her home, so I got up rather reluctantly to go with Yein.
As we walked out of the library, Yein said she had something important to tell me.
Haeun POV:
Less than five minutes after Jungkook and Yein left, I started to feel really dizzy. Like I was about to vomit. I quickly packed up my stuff, wanting to go home and lie down quickly. As I exited the library I heard voices. They sounded a lot like Jungkook and Yein's voices, so dizzily, I walked over and held onto one of the pole supporting the building so I wouldn't fall. From there I could see and hear Jungkook and Yein. I wondered why they were still there, but I wished I had never seen or heard the next events with all my heart. My head reeling, I heard Yein say, "Jungkook..remember what we promised to each other before you left? That we would stay devoted and love each other and marry when we met again? I never stopped loving you.. I thought that one day I'd find you.. But now..you have her.."
Jungkook:- "We were young.. I thought we would never be able to meet again-"
And then Yein tilted her head upwards and kissed him, gently then more passionately. Jungkook didn't resist, he didn't even show any signs of moving back, pulling away, anything to show he didn't want her would've made it better. Instead, I saw him kiss back softly. My heart felt like it was being shredded in a paper shredder. I leant against the pole and breathed in, trying to hold in my tears, clenching my fists. I ran towards the gate out of school, trying to escape the image of them kissing so sweetly, ignoring the pain in my head. Tears ran down my cheeks. I felt like I couldn't breath.