CHAPTER E I G H T

A/N: IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO REREAD CHAPTER 7 TO RECAP ON WHAT HAPPENED!!

HAEUN POV
I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks, and my efforts to stop them are useless. My stomach is churning. Jungkook and Yein. Yein and Jungkook.
And I thought that Jungkook loved me. What a joke. What a bloody joke. Somehow, without being aware of my surroundings, I've reached the park. My knees slowly buckle and my vision blurs even more. I need and want an answer to one question only: why did he kiss her back?
My whole body shakes with each sob I heave out. Why? Why? Why? I'm reasoning with myself. Making excuses for him. He could've-
he could've-
I can't think of an excuse for him. I won't. I don't want to think anymore. I don't want to feel. Why does my heart hurt so much? I'm okay, I tell myself.
But I'm not. How could he? Those 15 seconds I watched them kiss, in which he could've pulled away. Why didn't he?
As the sky gets darker, and time drags on, I can only see them. Them. Together. Kissing.
I start to convince myself that's it's all a dream, and a car horn honks. Throwing me back into reality harshly.
It's as if an artist painted a beautiful picture, but in an effort to complement the other colours, added a new colour. A new colour that changed the original colours. A new colour that ruined the once beautiful painting.
It's as if some children built a sturdy sandcastle. But bit by bit, the sea ate away at the edges. Until the sandcastle crumbled to pieces.
I try to tell myself, "you're overreacting. There has to be a mistake." But still, my heart hurts. Because something in the kiss Jungkook returned was genuine.
I wish I never met him. I wish I never met her. My heart gets heavier with each passing second.
More tears. I can't think straight. My head feels like it's going to explode. My breathing quickens. My vision is getting darker. What happened to the once bright future? Thinking back, I guess I was naive. Naive enough to believe in such a childish dream. It was my fault. I was a fool. I was a fool. I was a fool.
And all lights go out.