Chapter E L E V E N

Haeun POV
I ignore the feeling of hatred and jealousy eating away at me. Why am I letting myself be caught up over this? I've spent so many hours crying and self pitying. I'm tired of it. Haeun, stop. Stop letting your heart break bit by bit because of that minute, because of that moment of betrayal. You're going to tell him you're going to break up with him and you're going to get over it. Come on.
"Yoojung.. I'll go to the library with you later! I have to go back and get something."
YOOJUNG : "Are you okay? Do you need me to come with you?"

"No. I mean, it's okay. I'm fine. I won't be long."
YOOJUNG: "Okay.. be quick !!"

Speaking with pretend happiness, I leave my friend to go back. Back through it all over again.  As I walk slowly back to the classroom, I remember walking these corridors with him, laughing, and the times where Yein left us, saying she had somewhere to go, looking away, looking hurt. Was it because she felt pained to see me and Jungkook happy together? Like how I'm feeling now?

Well, it doesn't matter now. Now that there'll soon be no one to stop her loving Jungkook, she'll have her chance. And I'll be the one alone.

I reach the classroom, taking a deep breath and open the door. The loud chattering continues, classmates looking up and smiling at me, exclaiming "You're back!"

I see Jungkook and Yein. They're not laughing anymore, just talking, their heads so close together it looked like they would kiss. I turn to leave again. I don't want to watch. But then I stop. I'm not going to just watch them and run away like a coward, and carry on letting my feelings be hurt. I'm done with this. It's stupid. Foolish. Idiotic. I curse at myself with each step I take.

They don't notice me till I'm in front of the desks they're sitting at.

"Jungkook.. can we talk?" I say, awkwardly.
"Sure". He gives me a small smile. Yein gets up to come.
"Alone." She sits back down heavily.

As we walk together out the classroom, I just want to run away. Yet I can't. So I stare forward and walk without looking at anyone.

We walk in silence to a row of benches outside the classrooms, away from everyone else.

He goes to sit down. "This won't take long," I look away from his concerned gaze. "Let's break up."

"What? Why? I don't- did I do somethi- was it that day.." his voice dies out.

"Jungkook. I saw you and Yein kissing, if that's the 'that day' you're mentioning. I'm over it. Let's just break up."

He's staring at the floor. I don't want to linger or think. And I leave him like that.

I walk away.