Closets Are Not Homes

I remember watching Mr. Rogers as a child. He made life worthwhile. He taught me lots of things: how to laugh, how to love and how to play. But, he never could have prepared me for what I am about to tell you, for what I am about to say.

A closet is a lonely home. But it's where I spend my nights and days, tucked away and all alone. There's no light in here and sometimes I suffocate. How much longer will I suffer and wait? Is this my reality? Is this my fate?

But, then, I met someone. The most beautiful girl that you have ever seen and she showed me so many things. How to love, how to live and how to be. Because of her, I inched closer to the closet door. First my mother, then my closest friends. Little did she know, she had made the rules bend. So love and so accepting. I feel like I've come so far.

She had begun to mend the pieces of my broken heart.

I can't help but wonder, glanicng up at the stars above, if she still cares about me. The closer I got to that door, the more afraid I became. So I returned back to my dark corner and hurt her in the process. Now, I'm trying to fix things, trying to make them right, trying to make ammends.

Can she let the rules bend again?