I Met You There

A quiet night in April, one like any other. The wind blew through the trees that were ever so green. I watched the flowers sway back and forth under the dim street light. It was cold, very cold. I just wasn't sure who to be.

I saw your headlights flicker off. I checked around, the coast was clear and I dashed for the passenger door. I climbed in, glancing back at my home as you drove away. We sat at the highschool as the hours passed.

You were so angry, so sad. Your soul was hurting, your heart as well, and I thought I could save you. I believed I could mend you and make you whole.

I gave something precious to you,s omething I will never forget. The nights that followed will always be with me, the weeks as well. I wasn't even sixteen yet, but I was thinking of what to do. Abortion, in your mind, was the only logical thing to do. But, that didn't have to happen and we went our seperate ways.

Then, one spring day after years had passed, you reached out to me. We talked like no time had passed and I remembered why I had wanted you so bad. When you wanted to see me, I jumped at the chance. Maybe this time I could make my memory last. Visits at work after closing in the parking lot. It was innocent really.

Then, I met you there. After class, I drove to the beer joint and I met you there. You bought a drink and later I tasted the liquor on your lips.

When I see you now, I wonder if I had known how I would feel, would I have you met you there?

Would I have met you anywhere?