Chapter 10

Tahlia's POV:

The car engine became louder outside before it was silenced. I sighed, my father was home. I slowly walked over to my window and stared as the grumpy man stumbled out of his car and clumsily made his way up the veranda steps. I sighed in annoyance here we go again... I heard his heavy footsteps walk up the stairs and approach my bedroom door. I quickly stuffed the phone into my back pocket and sat on my bed pretending to read my book. There was a loud bang on the other side of the door, then glass shattering. I frowned what could that be? My father's voice screamed, cussing in every sentence.

I slowly made my way towards the wooden door, fear flooding through my veins. My hand reached the door knob and it started to turn slowly. I peeked out through the creak in the door to find the hallway empty. I raised one eye brow and was about to step out when my father jumped out from behind the wall and screamed. I screamed even louder and flung back into my room. I landed on my bum, my IPhone in my back pocket. I prayed I hadn't broken it when I landed, I would probably feel guilty for the rest of my life having an IPhone for not even a day yet and already breaking it. My eyes grew wide as I watched the man stumble towards me, a greedy smile present on his face.

"Well aren't you a pretty?" He slurred, obviously not realising who I am. His arm reached out to touch me but I swatted it away and stood quickly. "Come here love" he tried again. I let out a whimper and ran to the closest door, the bathroom. I locked the door just as my father came running... well stumbling towards me. He started banging and kicking the door while trying to speak to me. I completely ignored it and went and sat in the bath. I crawled into a ball and let the tears fall. Did I mention I hated my life? Yes? Well, you can hear it again. I, Tahlia Anne Rose, hate my life. I felt something vibrate under my butt and shuffled around, feeling around for the buzzing. My hand reached my back pocket and I pulled it out. The IPhone. I smiled reading the pop-up message on the front.

Unknown Number: 'Hey Tahlia, its Harry (: how are you? x'

Tahlia: 'Hey Harry, and I'm not so good... How are you?'

I added Harry's number to my contacts and changed his name to Harry before getting another text from none other than Harry himself.

Harry: 'Awh, what's wrong? ): Don't be sad, you'll make me sad. And I was pretty good before I heard you weren't ):'

Tahlia: 'It's nothing... And don't be sad because I'm sad, that's not fair'

Harry: 'Tahlia, I know we've only just met but if you need to talk to anyone, just know I'll always be here for you?'

Tahlia: 'That's very sweet Harry, but some things are meant to be kept personal'

Harry: 'Okay, but you can always talk to me if you need it okay? xx Are you busy tomorrow?'

It was very sweet of Harry to open up like that, but sometimes it's hard to just tell someone about your past, especially if it's been the worst for you. My heart sank at his last text, I wouldn't be able to go out with him tomorrow. My father definitely wouldn't let me. What if I sneaked out? No.. that wouldn't work.

Tahlia: 'Uhh... Sorry, I can't. Im busy..'

Harry: 'Awh ): What are you busy with? Maybe I can help you?'

Quick Tahlia! Think of an excuse!

Tahlia: 'Um... I can't leave my cat... It gets lonely'

Good one Tahlia, you don't even have a cat!

Harry: 'Oh.. Um okay? I'll see you soon then'

Tahlia: 'Yeah, sure'

And now he thinks I'm an idiot and will never talk to me again. I sighed and shrunk back into the bath. I jumped out seconds later and stripped out of my clothes. I turned on the tap and let the hot water fill the bath before pouring bubble bath soap into it, causing bubbles to rise quickly. I pulled out my hair from my hair tie and let it fall down my back. I slipped into the water and sighed, life would be so much better if I wasn't even here. I took a deep breath before sinking under the hot water.

.............................

:OOOOOOOOOO WHATS SHE GONNA DO!?!?!? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! Well, I am so sorry I haven't updated. So sorry. Hope you enjoyed the chapter my readers! :D byeeeeeee!

~kels xx