Chapter 43

I groaned, rolling over onto my side. Sunlight blinded me as I squinted open my eyes. I groaned again, throwing the sheets off me and sitting up. I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up. "Your awake!" An Irish voice cheered. I jumped, my eyes wide as I pulled the sheets on my again. Niall stood there smiling. How long had he been there?

"You scared me." I mumbled. He frowned slightly, guilt written over his face. I suddenly felt guilty... he didn't mean to.

"Sorry." He apologised, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's fine Niall, don't worry." I smiled reassuringly. I stood from the bed, yawning loudly. My stomach grumbled, making Niall chuckle.

"Harry told me to wake you, he said it's an emergency," He explained, walking towards the door. "And get dressed." He ordered before shutting the door and disappearing. I shot up from bed, quickly stripping off my pyjamas and pulling on some shorts and a loose tank top. I tied my hair into a messy bun, applied make up and ran downstairs. The cold tiles pressed against my feet making me do an awkward hop.

I made my way into the kitchen to see all of the boys crowded. Liam was tapping his foot nervously on the ground while Zayn ran a hand through his hair. Harry was playing with his lips - one of his many habits - and Niall, well he was sitting down biting his nails and Louis had his head in his hands. They all looked nervous... and worried? I frowned slightly. "What's going on?" I asked, making their head snap in my direction. Harry's eyes flashed with worry as he walked towards me.

"Tahlia," He sighed. I felt a lump in my throat form. "Lou's in the hospital." His words hit me like a bus. I felt my heart rate speed and my knees begin to feel weak. I gulped deeply before speaking.

"W-Why is she in the hospital?" I stuttered. My voice was weak and forced. Why was she in the hospital? Please don't be hurt. Please don't be hurt. Please don't be hurt. Please don't be hurt.

"She was walking to the shops this morning and... the car, she didn't see it coming." Liam said quietly. I felt tears prick my eyes, stinging my red cheeks. No, this can't be happening. Me and Lou had become closer through the months. It's like she was my sister.

I turned on my heel, stomping towards the door with sad and angry tears running down my face. I was biting my lip so hard I could taste blood. My bare feet made padding noises across the tiles. I quickly pulled on some sandals, grabbed my coat and opened the door.

"Take me to the hospital." I ordered. They all looked at me with sorry eyes before filing out of the door. I followed in suit, shutting the door and running down the steps. I quickly jumped in the car as Louis started up the engine. The door slammed shut and off we were. The whole time, my mind was focussed on one thing and one thing only. Please be okay.

Lou's a strong woman, and Lux needs her. Oh god, Lux.

"What room is Lou Teasdale in?" I asked, rather rudely. The accountant frowned slightly, but I didn't care what she was thinking.

"She's on floor 6, room 323." The accountant spoke. She ignored mine and the boys presence and looked back to her computer screen. I rolled my eyes, mumbled and thank you before running to the elevator. I had no time to argue.

We all shuffled into the tight elevator and I watched as Zayn pressed the number 6 button, causing a yellow ring to circle it. We waited impatiently as the elevator moved - rather slowly - up. I tapped my foot, becoming extremely impatient. The relieving sound of the ding went off and the doors slid open. I ran ahead of the boys, my eyes scanning the door numbers.