Chapter seventeen- England

Friday flew in and i made my way to english after school. I walked in again without knocking and Mr Carter looked up at me and grabbed his keys straight away.

"Ready to see your mum?" He asked as he passed me at the door and i nodded, i was more than ready. I was also seriously dreading sitting next to him for 9 hours. I nodded to him and we made our way home to get our suitcases. We put our cases in the boot of his car and started driving towards the airport which was 30 minutes away. he turned to me.

"Are you going to stay silent the whole trip?" He asked in a harsh tone and i glared at him.

"Are you going to be a prick your whole life?" I asked in the same voice he had used and he shook his head slightly, turning back to the road.

"Rachel i'm sorry that you can't take a joke" He snickered and i rolled my eyes.

"It wasn't very funny" I snapped and crossed my arms over my chest.

"It was only a kiss Rach" he grinned and my cheeks heated but my heart sank. Only a kiss. I ignored his comment and he sighed. "Is it because you cheated on Damon?"

"Because you made me cheat on Damon" I corrected him and he rested his hand on my thigh.

"You didn't have to kiss back" He squeezed my thigh and his touch sent electricity through my body. I shoved his hand away and looked out the window. "But i'm kind of irresistable" he nodded to himself and i groaned.

"Won't you shut up?"

"Nope." He grinned and flicked his hair out of his eyes. He was stunning. "Stop checking me out" He wined and i blushed and looked out the window again. "Rachel i'm just teasing you know" He said quietly and i ignored him, watching cars pass by us.

We arrived at the airport and unloaded our suitcases before taking them to reception and putting them on the moving roller thingy at the desk. We showed the lady our passports and made our way to the waiting room. Looking out the windows at the big metal planes my hands started to sweat and my breath hitched in my throat, I tried taking deep breaths to calm my breathing and eventually went and sat beside Mr Carter.

"Are you okay?" He asked and i wiped my hands on my legs and blew out heavily.

"I really hate flying" I smiled wryly and looked back out the windows at the plane.

"you'll be fine, I won't let anything hurt you" he told me and my heart soared. He can't say things like that to me. It stirrs something inside me that i'm terrified of and that i shouldn't be feeling.

Our flight was called and we made our way on board after eating a burger king. I sat at the window seat and opened up my hand lugage, picking out my large square pillow i leant it against the window and put my seat belt on, making sure it was secure three times and then settling into my chair. Everyone else piled on and i looked at Mr Carter. He hadn't put his seat belt on, i sat upright and he jumped at the contact when I slapped his arm.

"What are you doing Mr Carter? You haven't got your seatbelt on. You need to put your seatbelt on!!" i rambled and he smirked at me while putting it on anyway. My hands were shaking and i sat back in my seat after making him check his seat belt twice he snapped.

"Rachel calm down! It's only a plane" He sighed and i ran a hand through my hair.

"I know i'm sorry i'm just..."

"Freaking out?" he grinned, finishing my sentance for me. The seatbelt sign came on and i checked my seatbelt again, mr Carter chuckled at me and i glared at him playfully. I sat down and the pilot's voice came on the speaker telling us about the emergency shoots and stuff and then told us to have a wonderful flight. Then we were moving along the runway, the plane gaining speed. I gripped something and squeezed hard, my eyes closed tightly and my head pressed back into the chair. I felt the plane lift into the air and my ears popped. Eventually we were flying smoothly and i opened my eyes and gulped to unpop my ears. When i looked at what i was crushing in my hand i noticed it was Mr Carters hand and my grip loosened immediatly, i turned his hand over and looked at it, it was all red and hot.