Chapter 2 Under The Snow

When Lilykiy opened her eyes again it was light out and she could hear birds chirping and other cats talking. Once in a while she would hear a 'foomp' or crunching noise but she looked around to the area of the sound and only saw the wall of the nursery.

There where two more she-cats in the nursery, cuddling in their nests. Lilykit looked at her mother who was sleeping, her chest rising and falling slowly.

She then looked at a silver queen who had a black kit and a white kit cuddling her tail. She looked in her own nest and saw a white kit with some brown spots on its pelt. 

"Hey you!" a squeaky voice sounds from behind Lilykit.

She spun around and saw the white kit had gotten out of her nest and was clawing her way into Lilykit's.

"Umm. What? Who are you?" She asked looking at the kits nest and seeing the black kit look up with his greyish-green eyes. The white kit had green eyes.

"I'm Whitekit!" she squeaks.

Then she looks at Lilykit waiting for a reply. She lowers her ears and looks away.

"Well whats your name?" Whitekit demands.

Then the black kit crawls his way into the nest and sits next to Whitekit.

"This is my littermate, Nightkit. Now what is YOUR name?"she says getting fusterated.

"Whitekit don't be so rude!" Nightkit hisses at her.

She cowers under his gaze uncomfortablely. Lilykit looks at her white paws then looks at her pelt. She is a brown she-kit, her two back legs have three dark brown stripes and all of her legs plus chest and small parts of her face are white.

She looks at them and then her littermate yawns and opens her eyes.

They are amber like mothers, are mine amber too?

She looks at Lilykit then at the other kits.

"Whaa? Who are you?" she asks looking at the others.

"I'm your littermate" Lilykit says and scampers over to her, she sniffs her. 

"Well. You do smell like mother." she says, "But they dont I can smell them from here!" she says wearily.

"These are our den-mates, Whitekit and Nightkit." Lilykit tells her excitedly. 

"Oh? And why's that" she asks flatly.

Before she can answer their mother raises her head and smiles at all of them.

"You live in the same den and clan." she says with a yawn.

Lilykit and her sister exchange glances.

"Make sure to be nice to them and get along, right Dawnkit?" She questioned

The conversation is innterupted when a huge tabby tom walks in. His eyes are green and he is light brown with dark brown stripes lining his long pelt. 

"Hello Birchstar." Their mother says happily.

He walks over to her and looks at Lilykit and Dawnkit. Lilykit tries to give him the biggest smile as she can. Dawnkit laughs at her and she stops smiling immediatly.

Whitekit looks at Lilykit and sticks her tounge out while crossing her eyes. Lilykit laughs then Nightkit and Dawnkit laugb too.

Then Whitekit says "What did the cat say when the skunk walked in the clearing?" They all exchange glances and Dawnkit asks, "What?"

Whitekit laughs and says "ODOR IN THE CAMP!" They all laugh and Lilykit rolls on her back because her belly started to hurt from all the laughter.