Chapter 15 Where The Light Won't Find You

I woke up and sat outside the nest and looked and saw something on my shoulder. I sniffed it and recoiled at the foul smell. Then I saw Nightclaw open a bright grey eye and role on his back. Goldenkit opened her eyes and looked and him swishing her tail from side to side. Then she jumped and landed on his stomach he roled out of the nest and she started to play fight with him. I felt something rub against my hip and looked down and saw Burkit sitting next to me and rubbing his head on my hip.

 I looked back at Nightclaw and Goldenkit and he was pushing her with one paw she jumped up and bit it gentally. He shook his paw and she fell to the floor. He laughed snd she growled and charged forward and went in between his legs and hit him in the soft belly. He grunted and lay down batting at her then Rowankit came charging and started helping Goldenkit.. I looked at Oakkit and she looked at me and then I flicked my gaze at the playing ones and she stood and said "look out below!" before jumping and landing on Nightclaws chest right on the white spot he had there. 

I layed down and pulled Burkit closer with my tail nd he leaned on my chest. Then Nightclaw stood and cufed all of them over the ears playfully and started to walk out of the den with Goldenkit swattin at his tail. He bent down and licked my nose then nuzzled Burkit happily. Then he walked out of the den. I stood and started walking out of the den and walked out into the clearing. Goldenkit poked her dark gold head out and looked around. 

Eaglepaw came bouncing over to me and I could tell he was going to ask something but said something before he could. "Could you watch my kits while I'm gone?" his eyes lit up with excitement and he nodded before running into the den. I exited the camp and walked to Ralphs and then when I got there I turned and walked the way I walked when I was bringing Oakkit to the clan. I soon came to the spot and sniffed the air it smelled like rosemary oddly enough. I heared bushed swishing and turned to see Whitebolt. He walked to me and looked at me but before he could answer a shrill screech echoed at the Thunderclan border followed by a bark. I ordered Whitebolt to stay and ran into Thunderclan territory. I soon came upon a gruesome sight a black and white tom was fighting a dog and a ginger and white she-cat was laying on the floor bleading heavily from her face. The tom was thrown to the floor and started writhing in pain and coughing up blood. 

I charged at the dog and sliced its nose itwhined and launched forward at me and snaped at my face and succesfully reopening and old scar that I got many moons ago during a battle. It snapped again and managed to rip my shoulder open but I turned and clawed violently at its face it howled and ran off. I panted and looked at the cats. The tom had stopped moving and the she-cat was crying but whispered "thank you" as the sound of cats approached us. "Don't mention it. Seriously don't tell anyone I was here." I said. She noded slightly and I ran off as paws thundered closer. I hoped they wouldn't smell me and my wounds ached badly. I tripped over a root and luckily skidded over the border into my territory. I panted and Whitebolt came running. He started licking my shoulder wound and I winced at first but got used to the roughness of his tounge.

I smelled something familiar. Smething from along time ago at a battle when I was an apprentice. Something Thunderclan. I looked at the border and saw a familiar ginger pelt with matching green eyes. He was shaded and looking strait at me curiously. "Lilypool" I looked at him and he stopped "my name is Lilystar"I said. "I thought you only told us to call you Lilypool if there where no other clan cats around."he whispered to me. "Oh but there is another clan cat listening."I cooed lightly. "Well then Lilystar we should get you back to camp you are injured." 

I shook my head and stood up. "I'll be fine we need to find those shadow cats now or something bad might happen." I relished. I looked at Fireheart and he was looking at me suspisiously and curiously not understanding what I ment. I started to follow the rosemary scent and Whitebolt followed. I smelled that Fireheart was stealthily following us but something wanted me to let him follow so i did. Soon the scent got stronger and I looked up to see a dark forest that looked like it had been scorched badly. I looked at Whitebolt who was dumbfounded and bristling slightly. "Stay here." I said he shook his head "no you can't go in there alone." I stared at him "stay here. Thats an order!" i hissed the last words out and he recoiled and sat "I'll be here." he said glumily. I noded and took a step on the black and brittle grass. J t crunched lightly under my weight and I took a breath and jumped the rest of the way in.

It was eerily quiet and a light fog covered the ground. I looked back at Whitebolt who was watching me nervously. I continued on and followed the rosemary scent. Soon far from the border line a small crack sounded behind me. I whirled around fur bristling andlooked at the ginger tom who looked a bit guilty for following me. I allowed my fur to lie flat uneasily and sighed. "Its just you" I breathed.  He creeped torward me and stood looking into my green eyes. "I remember you Fireheart. That battle wasn't easy to forget." I said. He looked confused before reconizing my name probibly. "Well you do have the scars but it looks like that dog opened them back up. And it needs to be cleaned"he replyed. With that he leaned forward and started to lick the wound. I felt a prickle of discomfort at this me being a leader and all. But I allowed it i mean who wants dog saliva on there faces? Two-legs? 

He finished and I shook my head and turned and started following the trail. Fireheart now followed me his whiskers rubbing against my flank and tickling me. Soon we reached a groove or burned trees and dead bushes that where smushed together. I headed for it with Fireheart not daring to leave my side. Soon we where smushed together and his head was in my chest. And my hips where rubbing his flank. Soon i saw a clearing and stopped we both bristled as shadow cats that all looked the same laughed and playfighted with eachother. One cat stood out from the rest though to me. It was noticably sad and a set of claw marks where splayed across its flank. It was the shadow cat I fought. I felt Firehearts tail unintentionally swipe to the side and brush behind my back leg and I shivered and stepped back. So he was a little ways in front of me. He looked at me and leaned on me and licked my cheek comfortingly. Then I looked at the depressed cat who was now staring at the bush we where in curiously. It got up and walked over to it. 

Oooooooo cliff hanger I'm so mean! (>U<)