Chapter 5 The Last Time

I was sitting outside of the apprentice den the three scratches on my face a constant reminder that I failed my first battle. Whitepaw was sitting and grooming the scar on her hind leg, she would glance at me every once in a while and i got tired of it real fast. I got up and walked out of camp something on my mind. I walked the same path I took when Mistletoe assessed me and went down it being carful not to draw attention to myself. I reached the wooden fence and climbed it I looked into the garden below and saw that fat flea-bitten frog-footed yellow-bellyed tortoise shell. A growl rose in my chest.

"I'D LIKE TO TEAR YOUR GIZZARD OUT!"I spat. He turned his head and looked at me with confusion.

"What did I do?"he asked as cunfused as a kit who saw a butterfly."oh! The warning! Those freaky starry cats came back again and said another thing."he said with a shiver.

 I stopped and felt my muscles stiffen. "Starry cats? What did they say?"

"They told me another weird thing I don't have a clue about. They said in the dark you will fine the four."

I must've looked mouse-brained. What does that mean? I wondered. "Hmmm. My names ralph whats yours?" I look at him then answer "I'm Lilypaw." he looked at me "somethings different about you from the last time I saw you. What happened?" I stare remembering everything that happened "there was a fight and I got scratched in the face." he stares shaking his head. "And they wonder why I don't join the clan cats." I was confused then noticed he had a scar along his side I just kept my mouth shut. 

"So Lilypaw what did the last warning mean?" he said his ble eyes as calm as the sky?

"My sister, Dawnpaw, was killed by a monster" ralph looked confused again then knew immediatly what I meant. "Sorry"he said getting up and sitting next to me on the fence. He looked at me "so your not a warrior yet."  I stared at him and shook my head. "Want to see something?" he asked I looked at him suspisiously and he said this "its the place I always see the starry cats" he said looking over to a clump of bushes and tall grass. I was about to nod ok when this happened. 

"LILYPAW!" I nearly jumped out of my pelt when I heard Nightpaws seriouse and angry voice. I looked to see Nightpaw walking next to the fence. "Get away from that mangy old hairball!" he hissed. Ralph looked hurt and I heard him growl a bit. I leaned in andwhispered "don't worry I'll come back some other time." with that I jumped off the fence to join Nightpaw who was glaring at Ralph. "Come on Nightpaw we need to get back to camp. We both started back and when we where half way there Nightpaw spoke up. 

"Why where you there?" I looked at him and focused on how worried he seemed. "I was getting information aboutclans" I answered. "He is a Kitty-pet!" he spat. I didn't like this new attitude of his so I bounded off through the bush only to be geeeted by a big black creature. It made an aweful noise and roughly hit me. I skidded to the side and Nightpaw came scampering and hissing through the bushes. He jumped on the creature and started biting and clawing it viciously. He bit it many times and then he was flung to the side. He lied on the floor unmoving. 

"NO! THATS IT! THAT IS THE LAST TIME YOU TAKE AWAY SOMEONE I LOVE!" I screech to Starclan I jump on the bear and claw and bite I draw blood and the creature goes running. I huff and I feel blood teickle from my mouth. I crawl over to Nightpaw who is heaving and bleeding from his shoulder heavily. I start to clen his wound remembering what had happened on the battle. 

"Y-you s-said someone y-you l-love?" he puffs breathlessly. "Yes I did and I meant it" I said cuddling into his fur happy he was alive and ok. Then Mistletoe jumps down from a tree and stares triumphantly at us both. "You shall both become warriors!" she said happily. I stared at her and said "what?"