Chapter 3 Beware

It had been 5 moons since Lilykits adventure in the snow and now it was green-leaf. She was sitting outside the nursery enjoying the sun on her brown pelt. Then someone jumped on her back and started to bat at her with sheathed claws.

"Ah Nightpaw! Your getting to heavy for this!" She said throwing him off her back.

"Well then mabye you should eat more!" He said walking like he was Birchstar.

Lilykit was truely jealous. Nightpaw and Whitepaw where apprentices now and she was almost ready to be one, actually she was ready, today she is officially six moons old.

Lilykit had groomed her fur so she would look decent. She stuck her tounge out at him and he leaped away to join his mentor, Thistlefoot.

Lilykit sighed and went to the enterance of the camp, she never saw the forest before. She wondered what it was like. She looked around and noticed no one was paying any attention to her, taking the risk, she stood up and ran through the enterance.  She loved the forest immediatly, every scent, every sound, and the way it feels.

Then she heard Birchstar call from the oak tree and knew was time to become an apprentice

~ ~ ~

Lilykit finally got her apprentice name, Lilypaw, her mentor was toe a very talented she-cat. I got to train every day and today I was being accessed. I saw a ravin and was stalking it. I crept along the tall grass my green eyes narrowed on this bird. I ponced and must've broke its wing because it took off running clumsily. I chased it and killed it woth a snap of my powerful jaws. I saw a mouse when i finished burrying it. I chased the mouse then it turned and i ran muzzle first into a wooden structure. My nose hurt and my blood started to seep through it. A tortoise shell cat was sitting on the fence looking down at me.

"That must've hurt"he said.

I hissed and let my hackles rise.

"Woah i aint threat, you must be a forest cat. You look hungary do ya need something to eat?" he asked.

I shake my head and start to walk away.

"Wait i have something to tellyou!" he says. I stop and look back at him curiously.

"Beware the lights that grow!"he said looking shaken and utterly frightened. He then jumps down and leaves me puzzled and nervouse.

I turn and walk back into the forest. I catch plenty of prey and when ifinish taking it back to camp i sit outside of the apprentice den thinking about what that cat said.

"Nice work Lilypool!" Mistletoe says with Dawnpaw walking beside her.

"Hey Lilypaw want to go out hunting?" Dawnpaw asks.

I nod and follow her out of camp. We travle far from camp and play fight alot we make it to the thunderpath and freeze when a monster comes speeding past us. It is moonrise and we had not caught a morsel.

Then Dawnpaw gets a mischeviouse look and says "bet i can beat you to the other side and back!" without waiting for me to reply she races onto the smelly black rock. It happens in a flash. The ground starts to rumble as shes returning to the safty of the territory. A huge black monster comes and hits her, running over her chest. I screamed as hot tears streamed down my face. I remember the lights on the monter grew as it neared her boby runing it over with one try. The tortoise shells warning rang in my head as i raced out on to the path. Dawnpaw was crying and her blood was everywhere her nose was bleeding and her ear w as cut. She looked at me then her eyes clouded over with death. I wailed as i pulled her crushed and broken body to the grass on our territory. I cried and cried untill i heard the bushes rustle and Nightpaw and Whitepaw came out looking spooked then they saw me and Dawnpaw i couldn't look at them.

I was crying like I never cried before soon i was hiccuping and crying Nightpaw was sitting next to me trying to calm me down by brushing his pelt against mine and talking to me but i still cried my heart out. We went back to camp and when i told everyone what happened i felt my heart breaking away. Duskfur sat with me and tried to comfort me but nothing in the world could ever replace my sister Dawnpaw. Old memorries reminded me of all the times we spent planning out our future. I never thought it would have to end like this.