Chapter 6 Not Ready Yet

I stared at Mistletoe," no no no no no no no! I cant become a warrior yet!"I mew. "Oh? And why not? You just saved the clan from that huge creature!"she said.

"No! I can't I-I" I'm at a tie. "Come on both of you lets get back to camp."Mistletoe exclaims

We all walk back to camp my mind is racing of the thought of becoming a warrior. We make it back to camp and Mistletoe finds Birchstar she tells him everything-almost, Birchstar takes a look at Nightpaw then me. 

"No they still need to train they are not ready yet." Birchstar says flatly.

With a look of disapointment Mistletoe ushers me off to train more. I train very hard and my muscles are sore when we get back to camp. Then it hits me like a stone. I catch a scent of Duskfur. Mother? I think. I stop and look around. "I'll see you back at camp Mistletoe" I say and she nods. I follow the scent trail that leads me to an old abandon two-leg barn. I look around cautiously my heart pounding hard.

"Duskfur?" I say aloud. There is a snap and a crash inside the barn and I freeze. A small black tom cat slinks out and looks at me with his amber eyes. I feel my pelt bristle with anxiety. Should I fight or run? My mind is debating which is a better idea. I see him turn his head in confusion and he starts to walk torwards me. My heart is now pounding hard as if it was going to explode. I start backing up and notice my choice is to run and next thing I know I take off running 'torward the barn?' thats not right My mind ponders. I can hear the black cat chasing me I run faster. My muscles are screaminf for me to stop but I don't.

I then see white and black and now I'm onthe floor struggling to get to my paws. I screech and hiss as a white cat with black spots lays on top of me. I heave and twist my body to claw him but the black tom gives a look that makes me freeze. Not one of kindness thats for sure. "GET OFF ME YOU OVER GROWN FLEA BAG!" I spit at the tom that lays on top of me. 

"Why are you here? Who are you?" the black tom demands.

"I'm on a mission and you scared the living daylights out of me you mouse- brain!" I say these words as strong as I cant but I'm exausted from all the running. I hear them both growl and then notice his grip on me loosened.

"Who are you? A rouge? A loner? A Kitty-pet? A clan cat?" the black one asks.

Taking the risk I just give him and evil and mischevious grin the wriggle out and take off running again. Now I hear them both running to catch me. I just run and as I run I catch the scent of Duskfur of corse I follow it and next thing I know my paws are ripped and bleeding on the thunderpath. I stumble and fall. My paws bleeding and lungs heaving I hear a monster approaching and start panicking trying to stand. The monster comes and narrowly misses me. 

"Barley should we help?" the voice of the black tom asks.

"Well why not"the other cat answers.

No they cant help me my mind disagrees. I continue struggling and writhing on the Thunderpath. My paws hurt and are bleeding alot. I feel fustrated and tears form on my green eyes as I get even more annoyed. I can hear paws approaching and start struggling to get up more. I feel teeth wrap around my scruff and now I'm being dragged back to the side of the path. I look up and see the black and white tom, Barley, dragging me. I struggle and he growls in disagreement. When he finishes getting me to the other side I realize the black tom has a scent of Thunderclan. 

"Well now will you tell us who you are?" theblack tom asks more kindly. 

I like this new attitude and so i answer. " I am Lilypaw I belong to Windclan I was looking for my mother."the black tom just stares at me and seems to believe me. I start to clean my paws and it hurts alot. I stop licking and just stare at them. Then I here ralphs words. "In the dark you will find the four". Theres only two not four my mind thinks. Also its not dark. "Have you seen a dark grey she-cat with wite feet and muzzle?" I ask

"No" they both say. Then thats when I hear it the most horrible thing a cat could ever hear. There was a screech and then I saw Duskfur. A tree struck by lightning fell onto her my heart skipped a beat and a new feeling bubbled in my chest. Agonizing pain rippled up my spine as I notice a branch stabbing through my skin and into my back. That was the least of my worries. Duskfur was crushed like a bug in an instant.