one

hello all of my Nick Robinson - or Danielle Campbell - or simply just fan fiction - fans! 

I'm just now starting to edit these chapters to bear with me, this could take awhile but regardless of any typos, grammatical errors, etc., please enjoy Meet the Robinsons!

•••••

photo: Callie's dinner outfit

I do not own any of the pictures in this story.

____________________________
-callie-

beep. beep. beep.

With a fake smile plastered on my face, I ripped out the woman's receipt and handed it to her.

"Have a great day," I said to her, sweet as can be.

The woman barely awknowledged me, but she did give a short wave of her hand.

Once she was out the door with her groceries in hand, I rolled my eyes at how rude and incompetent she was.

I'm already sick of this job and this town.

A new customer set eggs on the counter in front of me, and as my eyes met theirs, I internally groaned.

"Mom," I sighed.

She smiled at me and pulled money out of her wallet.

"You're already making a trip to stalk me at work?" I laughed.

"The first of many," she chuckled. "You're my little girl and you have a job already. I can't believe it!"

I scanned her eggs and rang up her total.

After she handed me the money I gathered her change and replied, "I'm seventeen, mom. What are you gonna do when I'm 25? Visit me at my office?"

After she recieved her change and receipt, she shook her head.

"Always the joker, Cal," she laughed. I shrugged my shoulders as she continued. "By the way, our neighbors invited us over for dinner tonight. Definitely wear something nice!" She commanded.

"Sure whatever," I rolled my eyes and turned my head in time to notice a new customer behind my mother. "I mean, um, yes ma'am," I stammered with a fake smile yet again. "Have a good day!"

My mom just laughed as she gave me a quick wave and left the small market.

"Hello," I said with a friendly grin at the new customer, an elderly woman. "Did you find everything alright today?"

She slowly nodded, hunched over her purple wallet. But then, she held her index finger up and softly spoke, "I did have some trouble finding my favorite oatmeal though. . . And saltine crackers. . . and my heart medication."

This isn't Wal-Mart, lady.

I grinned my most unrealistic grin as I offered to walk her to aisle six, filled with all the fattening hostess cakes and nasty oatmeal you could find.

"Now I plum forgot which oatmeal I wanted. . ." She sighed, looking up and down at the shelf in front of her, slowly examining each box of oats.

This is gonna be a looong day.

•••••

Something nice...

I stared at my closet, as if I were waiting for the perfect outfit to jump right out of my closet and fasten itself onto my body.

I shivered, due to just coming out of the shower and only standing in my towel.

I have a plethora of dresses... but is a dress too nice?

Are our neighbors rich?

Judging from the size and well-kept maintenence of their house, I'm gonna have to say yes.

"CALLIE! WE'RE LEAVING IN 45 MINUTES!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

I ignored her call and quickly chose my outfit before applying my makeup and throwing my hair into a messy bun.

•••••

Ding-dong, Ding-dong

"Once was enough, dad," I muttered to my father, who just stuck his tongue out at me.

Very mature, Fred.

The large wooden door opened in front of us.

A small boy holding the door open for us piped up, "Hello! I'm Carter. I'm eleven years old! Are you our neighbors!?"

My mom, father and I all glanced at each other, and before we had a chance to answer, a woman entered the doorway.

"Hi there! Sorry about Carter, he just loves meeting new people," she explained. "Come on in!" She smiled, pulling Carter behind her as she held the door open for us.

All three of us thanked her.

As she introduced herself to my father--she and my mother had already met--Carter lightly tugged on my hand.

I smiled down at him and bent down to his height.

"What's up, bud?" I asked.

"You got any games on your phone!?" He asked with a mischevious grin on his face.

Before I could respond, an older boy bent down to Carter's height as well and carefully grabbed his arm.

"Cart, that's rude to ask people. If you want to play games then go use your Nintendo, alright?" The boy said to Carter.

Carter nodded and looked up at me, "I'm sorry- um. . . " he trailed off, looking toward me for my name.

"Callie," I responded to Carter and also to this tall, handsome boy in front of me. I readjusted into my proper height and smiled at Carter's brother. "I'm Callie," I repeated.

The boy smirked and stuck his hand out toward me.

"I'm Nick,"

Carter stood in between us and piped up, "Are you two gonna kiss?"

We broke our handshake apart at this.

My cheeks started to heat up and without a beat, Nick simply said, "No we aren't gonna kiss. I just met her you goofball!"

Damn it.

I mean, wait... what? What? Do you want to kiss him? Do you like him?

YOU JUST MET THIS KID!

Why are you so hormonal Callie?

Carter ran upstairs, probably to play his Nintendo, and I stuck by Nick.

"Sorry about him," Nick quickly apologized.

"No, no it's fine," I reasurred him. I started to walk over to introduce myself to his mother and I smiled back at him, "Trust me,"

________________________________

hope everyone enjoyed chapter one!

thanks for reading!