forty eight

hey guys! this chapter is going straight off from chapter forty seven, so if you haven't read that one yet, be sure to check it out!

I do not own any of the photos in this story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-callie-

The smell of coffee brewing filled my nose.

I sighed to myself as I desperately sat inside an empty Starbucks in the airport. The only sounds filling the emptiness were the machines brewing and blending, and the solo employee sweeping the floor while whistling what sounded like an awfully sad song.

It matched my mood.

How could those two bozo's not understand that I am Nick's girlfriend. He wanted me on that plane!!! Why would I lie about that!?

I get that some girls might have lied solely to get on a private jet with the Nick Robinson, but all G-Unit had to do was look at a magazine stand and see at least 5 magazines with my face next to Nicks' on the cover.

"Excuse me, Miss," a voice said from behind me. I turned around to face the whistling worker and I half smiled. "We'll be closing the store in 5 minutes. Just thought I'd give you a heads up!" She smiled at me before continuing to whistle her tune and swept away.

I look down at my cell phone.

No texts or calls from Nick whatsoever.

The clock read 8:55 p.m.

"Well," I sighed to myself, as I grabbed my empty cup and threw it in the trash. "I guess I won't be seeing an kangaroos or koalas any time soon." I chuckled a bit as I walked out of the small Starbucks.

I checked my surroundings in case Nick just happened to be out looking for me.

He didn't even call or send a text or reach out in any way. He just forgot about me.

I stood there for at least a minute, looking like a total fool. I was so embarrassed that I gave up and walked out of the airport, rolling my suitcase behind me.

- - - - - - -

-nick-

"I have absolutely NO signal in this fucking airport!" I cursed aloud to myself. "Damn it."

My text didn't deliver yet and I was stressing out. My flight was supposed to leave an hour and a half ago and now here I am, running through this ginormous, half empty airport, just trying to find the love of my life and take her with me to Australia.

This should be made into a Nicholas Sparks movie or something.

I checked my text again; still no signal.

I was now near the food court and a few different shops here and there. I passed a Panda Express--one of Callie's favorite food joints--but she was no where to be seen. I continued my jog and noticed a Starbucks.

Callie loves Starbucks, possibly more than she loves me. And that's saying something.

I noticed the worker was flipping the open sign to closed.

"Wait!" I shouted, gaining the woman's attention. "Wait, please!" I yelled, breathlessly.

She looked up at me a smiled.

"Have you seen a girl?" I asked, turning on my phone screen to show her a picture of Callie. "Have you seen her at all?"

"Yes," She replied. "But you're a little late. She was here for at least an hour and she just left about 5 minutes ago, but maybe you could catch her?" She offered with a pity smile. "Sorry, hun."

I sighed and ran away from the Starbucks shop and ran out toward the entrance of the airport. A few employees gave me strange looks, but I ignored them.

None of them were Callie, so none of their opinions mattered to me.

I ran out the automatic-opening doors and stopped myself before I accidentally ran into the traffic of people dropping off and picking up family members from the airport.

I cautiously made my way across the lanes of traffic and into the parking lot. I remembered exactly where Callie had parked her car. I ran toward the exact row that we had parked in.

Her dark blue Impala was no where to be seen. I checked even the rows near where we parked, hoping and praying that maybe I was wrong and we had parked our car somewhere else. But I knew deep down that I was right, and she was gone.

My phone vibrated and made a 'Ding!' sound in my pocket.

I pulled it out and unlocked the home screen to reveal my notification.

Message delivered - 8:04 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in case there's any confusion, Nick's message that he had sent to Callie earlier never got sent to her phone until he ran outside and got signal.

and Callie was already gone. . . or was she?

stay tuned, folks!

love you all and I promise to keep updating more often, so sorry for the late updates!

xoxox.