Chapter 3

PICTURE OF LUCY AT THE TOP

Finally! It's Thursday! 

It was 6 o'clock and I was finally done with classes for the week. After rushing home and taking a shower, I headed out for work. I only worked Thursday through Monday and I only ever worked the late night shifts. Temptations' was really good about working around my school schedule. 

Besides the fact that I had to sit on gross men's laps a hundred times a night, I really liked my job. My boss was wonderful and my coworkers are just as great. I was actually really good friends with most of them. I have been working here for three years and they knew everything about me, even where I live and went to school. They knew I didn't tell anyone about my 'secret life as a stripper' as they liked to call it. I felt like I could trust them and I knew that they trusted me. And I was thankful for that.

"Hey Rae!" One of the girls called out from the stage. She was practicing before we opened. She was getting really good and I know she was getting close to becoming a performer.

"Hey Trish, how's it going?" Trish was new and she was young, maybe 19 or so. About the same age as I was when I started working here. She was tall with legs like skyscrapers and long brown hair that touched her lower back. She didn't have any of her make up on yet, but she didn't really need it anyways. Her skin was flawless.

"It's good! I finally nailed the Extended Frodo!" She beamed at me, seeking approval.

"Damn girl! Good job!" I said giving her a thumbs up. She giggled at me and went back to her practicing.

I walked behind the stage and towards my dresser to change into my work "clothes". When we became performers, Sandy would buy us our own personal dressers with our names on them. Before when were just a floor girl we would have to bring our clothes with us or find a girl nice enough to share her dresser. I pulled on my emerald green lingerie that made me feel like a leprechaun and gold stilettos from the floor and walked over to my vanity.

Temptations had dressing rooms behind the vanities, but let's be honest, wearing what we wear we just change right out in the open. I'm sure it would be different if our manager was a man, but she's not, which made all of us girls feel a lot less anxious. 

Sandy, the general manager and only manager, was the nicest boss I had ever worked for. She genuinely cared about all of her staff and that made it rare for anyone to quit. If they did, it was never about her. Sandy was in her mid forties, her shoulder length brown hair was starting to fade showing off a little grey. Her brown eyes still carried an essence of spunk though. I have seen her scold or fire a few girls before and I watched as she gave them hell. She may be older but she is like a tiny mob boss when she wants to be. Not that I'm afraid of her. If you don't do anything wrong, then you never see her dark side.

I slipped out of my day clothes and took off my underwear, pulling on the bra and thong I had picked out. I left my shoes off while I finished getting ready. I already had to wear them all night, so I would keep them off for as long as possible.

I sat down on the stool and began applying my makeup. After putting on my foundation, I applied my black eyeliner into a winged tip and then outlined it in gold. I decided on a dark red lipstick to finish off the look. Once finished I applied a small amount of Vaseline on my stomach and breasts. I took a good look in the mirror, fixing stray pieces of my bright red hair, and gave myself a reassuring nod.

I walked from the back stage and out to the pit. Kristy was already setting up drink glasses since we opened in 10 minutes. I started straightening chairs to pass the time. As soon as I saw the main lights dim I walked back behind the stage to see what time I was going on. I was on after 'Candy' so I had a good two hours on the floor before I had to go on stage. Shifts here typically went pretty fast because we were busy right as we opened, seeing as were one of the best strip clubs in this area, and we opened right as all of the big businesses were done for the day.