Chapter 7

This morning after getting home, I fell asleep immediately. I didn't bother showering, I didn't bother changing, and I didn't bother with anything or anyone. I went to my room, I pushed back the covers, I shoved ear plugs into my ears and slept.

I woke up around six at night, and immediately got ready for work. I took my keys and purse off of the desk in my room and walked out of my bedroom. I passed the living room where Becca and Jason were groping each other shamelessly on the couch. Grease was playing on the TV in the background and I couldn't help but wonder how they could listen to this and still be turned on.

I opened the door for the kitchen and found Amanda and her boyfriend-of-the-month sitting at the table eating dinner.

"Are you avoiding the living room too?" Boyfriend asked me smirking at his fork before taking a bite. I gave up trying to keep track of their names after the first few months of living here, so I settled on 'Boyfriend' for all of them. I'm not completely sure but I think this ones name is Brandon or Kyle or something.

"Oh my god Tristan!" See, this is why I stick to Boyfriend. "Keep your voice down! They could hear you!" Amanda shushed him. Out of my two roommates, I liked Amanda the best. She was so sweet, and other than the constant string of men she had in this house, she was so innocent.

"So?" I asked, not bothering to hide my smile. "They obviously aren't being discreet, why should we?"

"Thank you! Exactly! They are practically making babies on the couch; I'm not going to spare their feelings." Boyfriend said and went back to eating his food. Amanda huffed and blew her blonde bangs from her eyes. Suddenly we heard moaning coming from the living room and all eyes snapped up to look at the door, as if it were the one to make the noise. Once everyone's attention moved back to the table I raised two fingers and put them in my mouth and made a gagging noise.

"Gross." Boyfriend mumbled and rolled his eyes. "I can't believe they would just do that right out in the open." He said completely serious and I laughed loudly at the irony.

"You know I walked in here the other night and you two were playing tonsil hockey by the sink, right?" I asked and Amanda's face went a deep shade of red. Boyfriend just had a smug grin on his face and leaned back in his chair.

"I forgot about that. That was a good make out session." Amanda glared at him and he slumped in his chair and continued to eat silently.

Amanda looked at me for a moment, studying me. "I haven't seen you in a few days, how are you?" She asked changing the subject. She put her hand gently on my arm and I could hear faint worry in her voice, as if she thought I was on drugs or killing people.

"I'm good. I've been really busy with school and work. I feel like I haven't slept in days." I said honestly and she bit her lip and nodded.

"Oh yeah, what is it that you do? Because no one knows and you're gone at really weird- OW!" He yelped and I watched as Amanda gave him a 'shut up' look. I could tell Boyfriend's time was almost up in this relationship. He was just a little too outspoken for Amanda's type.

"Yeah, actually I have to go. I'll see you guys around." I smiled at Amanda and she gave me an embarrassed nod in return. I stood up and walked to the fridge. I took out a water bottle and left the kitchen. I didn't say anything to the couple that was now on the floor as I left the apartment. I didn't mind Amanda and her boyfriends because at least when things got heated they would go back to her room and turn on music to drown out the noise. All I would ever see her doing is making out.

But with Becca, it was as if she was trying to claim her territory. I swear if she could pee on Jason, she would. She has no shame of where she will have sex with him. We have already replaced one couch after Amanda walked in on her and Jason one morning. Poor Amanda couldn't look at Becca for a month. After that incident, we told Becca that if any clothing comes off of either of them, that's her queue to go into her room or pay a communal fine.

When I got to my car, I fished around my purse until I found my keys and my phone. I pulled them out and a little piece of paper fluttered out and onto my lap. I picked it up and turned it over, on the back there were ten numbers scribbled on it and nothing else. Remembering it was the card that Orion had given me with his number, I decided I would text him.

ME>How was work? 

His reply was instant.

ORION> Who is this and how did you get my phone number.

That was not the response I was expecting. Kind of on edge for someone who willingly gave me their number.

ME>You don't remember me? I'm hurt!

I shoved my phone back into my purse and ignored the texts that were now filling my phone. I wasn't really upset, but his response was weird, so I would just let him figure it out on his own. I drove to work and turned the volume of the radio up as Orion's texts constantly reminded me they were there.

After pulling up the work I decided to sit in my car for a moment and read his messages.

ORION> Seriously. Who is this.

ORION> Hello???

ORION> Raegan?

ORION>Sorry I forgot I gave you my number.

ORION>Are you there?

ORION> Sorry if I offended you, I thought someone had gotten a hold of my number.

ORION>Do you work tonight?

ME>Yeah I do. I'm here now. I work until 4 again. Why what's up?

ORION>Maybe I'll come visit you again.

ME>Please don't. I don't want to get in trouble.

ORION>Alright but I'm picking you up after you get off.

ME>There's really no point in arguing is there?

ORION> No. I'll see you after work. Bye.

Bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE FOLLOW, VOTE, AND COMMENT

*UPDATED*