[5] Brother's Conflict

Third Person's POV

Tenma walked into the orange wall bedroom with his brother trailing from behind. Raito closed the door behind him slowly as he turned his head towards Tenma who jumped onto his wheely chair lazily.

"So... where were we?" Raito frowned and crossed his arms while leaning against the door, waiting an answer from his little brother. Tenma stayed silent then put his headphone back on, setting it on the highest volume, ignoring his brother's lecture.

"Oi. Renjirou Tenma. I'm asking you." Raito said once again. But still no response from Tenma which made him a bit annoyed and approach the boy then snatched his headphone off.

"Heey! Nii-san, give it back! It's not funny!" Tenma jolted as he tried to reach Raito's hand but failed.

"Tenma, this is not a joke. I need you to be serious right now. No childish act. No playing around. No dodging questions."

"Oh c'mon Raito-nii. It's not a big deal. All I did was playing around the neighbourhood. Now give me back my headphone! You know I need that more than anything."

"You can't use the same excuse to me, Tenma. That won't work."

"But what if I go--"

"Shussh!" Raito suddenly put his hand on Tenma's mouth to avoid him to talk even more. He took a deep breath and look straight into Tenma's orange orbs, "Hey, let's don't talk about that part right now... Okay?" Raito said, his voice tone got softer as he gave a weak smile to his brother. Tenma pouted and slightly nodded as a response before Raito finally let go of his grip. He made his way to Tenma's bed and beckoned the little orange head to sit beside him.

"Tenma, why didn't you tell me that you wanted to play basketball again?" Raito asked after Tenma sat beside him.

Tenma sighed and averted his gaze to the window, "I don't really know why I wanted to play basketball again..." Tenma said, his eyes narrowed as the evening sunlight penetrated to his room. "Today I feel kinda different, Onii-san. I just feel like I have to play. I started to think that I made the wrong decision to quit on basketball. So I went to the public court. Just for playing around with myself, with no special purpose honestly."

"And that's where you met your new friend?" Raito guessed nonchalantly and layed his back on the bed, waiting for his brother to continue.

"Yeah, you're right." Tenma said. "I found him playing with my ball on his own when I was gone for awhile to buy an ice cream. I admit I was a bit surprised of his presence, I didn't know what's getting into me but I decided to watch him for awhile from the distance."

"So at that moment you already used your eyes on him?" Raito assumed and glanced at Tenma which he replied with a nod.

"I'm sorry Nii-san, I just couldn't hold myself back. There's something special about that boy that I don't know yet." He exclaimed.

"What makes you think that way huh?"

"Nii-san... I can see it with my eyes remember?" Tenma said with a slight grin, trying to make the situation more comfortable. Raito giggled as a response and stood up to ruffle Tenma's hair.

"Alright alright I understand. But don't you realize what that rare talent of yours gave impact to me and Shuzo? The first time you used your eyes on us made us shiver y'know?" Raito said.

Tenma sighed and looked up to meet his brother's eyes and gave him an assuring look, "I understand Nii-san, I'll try to hide it from everyone. I'll try to make this as a secret between you, me and Shuzo."

A small smile grew on Raito's lips and he felt a bit relieved after Tenma said that. "Okay then, I trust you. Just don't get yourself into trouble." He said as Tenma stood up from his seat and gave Raito a warm embrace.