Chapter-8: First Unofficial Date

(A/N: As promised, I am back with a new chapter. I need good response. Please do comment and vote for my stories. I am publishing this part for those who commented and who keep supporting. Next chapter onwards, if I don't get good response, I'll make the chapters private so that only my followers and true supporters get to read my story. Please don't make me go to that extent. Do vote and comment.)

-----------

Mukti went back to her place. Cabir, Navya and I had dinner which Navya made. After dinner, Navya and I went to sleep in the guest room and Cabir went to sleep in his room.

"Navya, tum log kya baat kar rahe the? Was it related to Manik?" Navya avoided eye-contact and fumbled.

"Nahi voh... Nandu, relax. If it is necessary, we will tell you. For now, you already have a lot to handle. Can we sleep now?" I just nodded and Navya fell asleep in a couple of minutes while I was rolling on the bed. Millions of questions were running in my brain but nobody would answer them. I sat on the bed and browsed through my phone.

On the other end, at the Malhotra Mansion, Manik called Cabir.

"Manik, tune abhi tak soya kyun nahi?"
"Cabir, I need Nandini's number NOW." He sounded serious and Cabir didn't try to joke. There was surely some strong reason behind Manik calling Cabir at 11 in the night and asking for my number.
"Okay bro. I'll text you her number in two. By the way, tum teek ho?"
"Yeah I'm fine. I just need her number urgently."
"Yeah, I'll text it to you."
"Okay bye." The call ended.

Cabir texted him my number. I got a call just when I was about to call Cabir for Manik's number.

"Hello?"
"Hello Nandini, it's me, Manik."
"Manik, hi." I said, sounding pretty excited. I couldn't blame myself because my hormones were just out of control ever since I met him. I immediately realised, face-palmed and blushed. I tried to control my excitement. "Manik, why did you call?"
"Nandini, voh... Actually, mujhe neend nahi aa rahi thi. Toh issliye maine socha ki if you are awake, we could talk? By the way, did I disturb you?" I smiled.
"Nahi bolo."
"What are you doing at this hour?" He questioned like I committed a crime. "Waiting for my call?" I could feel him smirking on the other end.
"Nahi, actually I was going to sleep but I forgot to put an alarm and..." I was explaining unnecessarily. I face-palmed again.
"Acchha, acchha, okay. I didn't ask for an explanation. So yeah, you wanna come along with me? I'm going for a walk."
"Okay?"
"Cool, get ready. I'm picking you up in 10." He cut the call. I smiled again.

I saved his number as 'Manik' and jumped out of bed. I wore a white kurti with simple black and blue embroidery and blue leggings. I tied my hair in a messy bun and picked my bag. I opened the door slowly and found Manik outside on his bike.

"Chalo. Vahan kyun khadi ho? Yeah, I know I said we'll go for a walk but mood nahi hai. Chale?" I nodded and sat behind him on his bike. I hesitated to hold him.

"Nandini, you can hold me. It's okay." I nodded and put my arms around his waist and he smiled. He drove quite fast and we reached Baskin Robins.

He bought 2 tubs of ice-cream for us and he held one tub while I ate from the other tub with my fingers, sitting on his bike. Manik just kept looking at me while my attention was only on the ice-cream.

"You remind me of her." I lifted my head to look at him. His eyes met mine. They depicted pure emotions. I wasn't sure what those emotions were but they were pure.

"Manik, you know? With you around, I don't miss Nikhil." He smiled, and put his folded arm on the bike. His elbow was on the bike and he was leaning on it, looking at me.

"Manik, ek baat puchu?"

"Hmm..."

"You won't kill me na?" He chuckled.

"You hate questions, right? That's why I'm asking."

"Nahi pucho." He smiled again.

"Manik, where's your family? He froze. I tried to reframe the sentence to make sure he wasn't offended.

"I mean, I know your company is on the other side of the city but where is your family? Do you live alone in that big house?"

"Voh Nandini... Actually, let's not talk about it."

"Okay. I'm sorry Manik."

"Acchha, tum batao. How are you going to raise this baby alone? You stay at your in-laws or do you stay alone or what?" Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Manik, I don't have anyone for me. Navya ke alava koi nahi hai mere liye." I sobbed.

"Arre... Tum itni roti kyun rehti ho? Abhi thodi der pehle you were giving lectures. Ab kya hua?" My eyes widened.

"Voh tumhe lecture lagta hai?" I frowned.

"Of course." He said, with his famous smirk. I glared at him angrily and threw ice-cream on his face.

"Nandini, I won't spare you." I jumped off his bike, put the tub on the seat and ran away. He ran behind me. "Nandini, don't run. It's not good for your health." I stopped and turned back. He ran into me and we fell on the wet sand.

He was on top of me and I was under him. He gazed at me, putting his hands on both sides of me and holding his weight. Our breathing didn't synchronise and we were panting. My hands settled on his chest. He brought his face closer to mine and our lips were inches apart when I put my hand on his mouth.

"Manik..." I called out for him softly and he looked at me and immediately got up. I didn't know why I stopped him. There was a strong fear building inside me. I didn't want to lose myself to him. What if he doesn't feel the same for me?

"Be strong. Aur aage aisa kabhi mat bolna. Main hun tumhare liye aur Cabir aur Mukti bhi hai. Never say you're alone, okay?" He said, softly with not a pinch of awkwardness. I smiled with tears in my eyes and nodded.

"Vaise, if you don't mind, what did your husband do and what happened to your husband? And where are your in-laws? It's fine if you don't feel comfortable telling me."

"Manik, voh..." My voice started cracking.

"Okay fine. Chuck it. But on a serious note, raising a child alone isn't easy."

"I know Manik but I'll manage. Phir bhi mujhe pata hai ki I won't be able to give him the love his father could. Kaash sab teek hota." I sighed. He patted my head and assured me with his eyes.

"Acchha chalo. It's late now. I'll drop you home."

"Okay." I sat on his bike and he dropped me home safely.

"Okay then, Nandini. Good night. Take care."

"Good night Manik. Thanks for your time. Bye." I walked inside. It was 1 a.m. I took a shower, changed into comfortable clothes and went to bed. Just before going to bed, I texted him.

Nandini: Thanks again, Manik. Good night.

A few seconds later, my phone buzzed.

Manik: Glad you came along. Good night Nandini. Go sleep now. Bye.

I put my alarm at 7 and went to bed. I snuggled under the covers and fell asleep.

-------------

(Okay girls, I'm serious. If you guys don't want to vote and comment, I will make my story private. I don't care about the reads, I just want your feedback. I hope I wasn't harsh and even if I was, I'm sorry. Do understand.)