Chapter-29: Fixtures And Repairs

(A/N: Ahhh. Sorry sorry sorry sorry for this late update. I was a little confused on how to continue to this chapter is gonna be a little filler to complete those tangled, untouched ends of the story. This baby is ending in a chapter and I can't take it. 😢😢 Please excuse me if this chapter sucks. I don't want to drag it further. I'll post an epilogue to this book and I'll be done with it. MTMM fans, this note's for you. I will be coming up with a season two real soon and mostly, it'll be without a break. So good for you guys I guess 🙈 Chalo now go read. Thanks for all your support. I love you all so so much. Thanks for being really patient with me. Vote and comment please? Thanks 😋)

-------------

It wasn't until I heard Ginger bark on us that I realised it was dawn. I sat up, picked her up and put her down next to Manik and I. She snuggled into our bed and made herself warm. I pat her gently and turned to see the man who now became a constant in my life. No matter how much we fought, even today, we were inseparable. We'd seen many difficulties together and we did support each other. Now, it's time to relish happiness. The happiness in our lives. Ginger.

Manik cringed and whined as he felt me move further away from him in his sleep. The proximity between us was replaced by our little daughter, our puppy, who meant everything to him. A little bundle of joy who spread happiness around. I smiled, kissed his hand and put it back where it belonged, on my waist, and turned to check the time. Just then, I got a call.

"Ma'am, we are called from Blue Labels. This is just to confirm whether candidate Manik Malhotra will be able to perform for our audition selection on Saturday, the 3rd of July." I turned to look at a sleeping Manik and I smiled within.
"Yes, he will be able to. Can you just tell me the details? I am his wife speaking." I tried to control my excitement. Maybe this could even be a surprise for him. Maybe a new beginning for us.
"Oh okay. So it is a program, called X-factor, where different vocalists and instrumentalists will be performing to form their bands and form alliances with other labels." I closed my eyes momentarily to vision a rockstar version of Manik. It would be bliss.
"Alright. Is there any particular theme for the song?"
"Any comfortable song will do."
"Cool. Thanks." I cut the call and picked baby Ginger in my arms. She barked softly and nuzzled into my secure hold.

I kissed her and whispered to her.

"Let's get Daddy's surprise ready." She placed her palms over my chest as she snuggled into me. We both went downstairs.

I put Ginger in her little bed and placed her in the kitchen along with me. I freshened up and began to make breakfast. I cracked an egg and spread some shredded cheese on it. I tossed it in the pan and I felt two strong arms wrap around my body. The scent was distinctly familiar and it didn't take me long to realize it was Manik.

"Yahan akele kya kar rahi ho? Tumhe pata hai na mujhe tumhare bina neend nahi aati." He whined into my hair and dug his nose into my shoulder. He placed a kiss there and I nudged him to let me make breakfast.

"Manik, choddo. Mujhe breakfast banani hai. Chalo. Tum bhi mera help kardo." I pushed the omelette into a plate and began to crack another egg. He jumped onto the countertop and watched me ardently, as I made him his favorite breakfast. Just then the doorbell rang. Manik and I looked at each other in suspicion and Manik jumped off to open the door.

"Aap log... Yahan... Kya kar rahe ho?" He was a little startled to see his friends or rather, ex-friends standing right there.

"Manik, kaun hai?" I called out as I cracked another egg. His friends heard my voice and faintly smiled in hope. They almost stepped in but Manik fumed and blocked them.