Chapter 30: Forever And Always?

(A/N: Ah! This is so painful. The last chapter of this story. I can't believe I've made it this far! This story has given me lots of friends and memories and has a special place in my heart. All my commenters and fangirls 🙊, thank you so much for everything. It's such an emotional moment for me now because this book has made me what I am today and it couldn't have been possible without each one of you. Thank you so much. I don't know how to thank you all. All I can say is I will always remain grateful to you all. 😘 You can interact with me and get to know me better on Twitter, if you'd like, because that's where I live almost. 🙈Twitter-@torridtides
Lots and lots of love, your writer ❤️)

-------------

"Manik, yeh dekho..." I placed a garment over his body and he glanced at it keenly. Manik had that charm in him, no matter what he did, he had that aura to attract people for who he was. I raised my eyebrows to ask for approval and he smiled. "Acchha hai na?" I gleed and he nodded.

"Tum jo bhi pasand karti ho, voh humesha acchha hi hota hai." He spoke in a soft soothing tone. He grasped my waist quickly and led me to the other sections. He always made sure he was my protector, even when he didn't need to prove so. He cared a little more than anyone else could and why not? He loved me. I felt loved by him. Manik defined me.

I smiled faintly at his possessiveness and grabbed a few shirts, some kurtis and western outfits for me and then led to the checkout. We quickly purchased the clothing, took away some packed lunch and headed to check on our baby.

After almost forever, life was becoming peaceful. All our worries were dying. Our happiness was getting closer and closer to that undefined bound between the land and the sky. That place, where everything else seemed oblivious. That moment when you can no longer see anything but happiness. That was US. We made our life feel like that. Our mere existence, the mere idea of Manik and I being constants in each other's lives, made us feel boundless happiness and contentment.

I rolled the window down and admired the skies and the nature outside, while humming a Demi Lovato song to the beats of the stereo. Even if the stars and moon collide... I never want you back into my life... I casually glanced at Manik to see him admiring me, be myself. He had that satisfactory smile plastered on his face and I knew things were changing.

"Manik... Ek baat bolun? You won't get angry na, promise?" I asked with a cute smile and he immediately shot one back at me. Aww...

"Bolo." He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, though both of us knew, the handbrake was obstructing our proximity. I put one arm over his shoulder, dangling on his chest while the other palmed his chest, trying to support myself in that awkward position.

"Tum apne friends ke saath patch-up karloge? Mere liye?" I spoke with a cheerful smile and the car came to a halt. He slowly pushed my hands off him, while his eyes raged in fury.

"Nandini, you know how much I hate them. You know how untrustworthy and ungrateful they are. You have..." He spoke deeply, letting me look in to his pain, just through his eyes. He spoke in a controlled tone to avoid getting emotional but then again, who was he trying to justify?

"I know. I know; but they are genuinely sorry Manik." I said softly and Manik cursed and then huffed and continued.

"To hell with their 'sorry'. Sorry doesn't fix anything. Anything. at. all." He stressed upon the last few words, giving pauses in between to emphasize on them. I patiently held his hands again, which were then shaking with anger and blinked hazily.