Chapter-21: Lies Upon Lies

(A/N: I know I always trouble you all with Author's Notes but I'm serious this is IMPORTANT. Don't neglect it. So yeah, as many of you already know, I've begun to make my chapters private for the sake of silent readers who don't comment and vote. So those who want some hidden parts must follow me. Yeah. That's about it. Now this is one long chapter and it should keep you entertained for the rest of the week. Sorry guys, Boards suck. So happy reading and please please please vote and comment. I need support from you all if you want me to continue this story. Otherwise, I'll end it. There is no point wasting time writing stuff you guys don't like. I wish I get good response from you all. One major request. Thanks.)

--------------

"Manik, I know I lied to you. But I never intended to. I knew I could not face you if you came to know the truth. That's why I escaped before you knew. However, I thought your friends would tell you soon after I left. It was last week when I came to know you still were single and your friends didn't tell you anything. I heard that you didn't move on. That's why I wanted to tell you everything in person. I'm sorry for everything."

Manik was expressionless. He had never trusted anyone as much as he had trusted his best friend and girlfriend. He trusted them so much that he didn't know they were deceiving him behind his back.

It hurt him to such an extent that he just couldn't react. When one loses the ones who mean the most to him, he can no longer give that much importance to anyone else in one's life. That was exactly what happened to him. The fact that even his closest friends knew the truth but hid it, hurt him immensely.

"I didn't die in that plane crash. I was going to London. However, at the airport, I met someone who looked just like me, Krissann. Somehow, I managed to swap seats with her and went to Germany. But, I didn't know the plane crashed. After I got to know that the plane to London crashed, it was much easier for me to escape with my love. She had my passport and boarding pass and people thought it was me who died in the plane crash." She paused and Manik stared at the floor. He couldn't look at them. He felt disgusted.

"I am sorry Manik. I know I was very selfish. I couldn't help. I was forced to do all this. Please forgive me." She pleaded. Only if she knew, he didn't pay heed to her. He stood up and held Cabir's collar.

"You... You knew everything all this while but you never thought of telling me all this, huh?" Manik pulled Cabir's collar.

"Kaise kar sakta hai tu? Kaise?" He cried, in pain. He let go of Cabir and held Dhruv.

"Aur Buddy, tu? You never thought of telling me about you and..." He pointed his finger at Alya, lowering his head.

"Kyun? You didn't trust me? If you would've just told me... Damn it! I would've let her go. For you. Kyunki..." He took a deep breath.

"Nobody had a higher importance in my life than you both. Acting karne ki kya zarurat thi?" He pulled Dhruv again and cried.

"Manik, aisa nahi hai..."

"Enough. Please. I'm done. Thanks for telling me the truth, you guys. I am happy for you both. Take care. And you..." He said, looking at Cabir.

"Thanks for being there for me." He said, grabbing his car keys. He drove as fast as possible. He went to his old house, where he spent his childhood. That was where he always went, when he felt extremely depressed.

He began ringing the bell and banging the door. Nobody opened. He called Navya.

"Manik? Tum teek ho? Nandu teek hai? Kuch hua toh nahi?"
"Navya, mujhe sacchh janna hai. Do you know where my Dad is?"
"D-Dad? Yo-You mean, Uncle? Voh... He must be at home only na? K..."
"He isn't at home. Now tell me where he is before I..."
"Manik, mujhe kaise pata where is your dad? Main yahan Mangalore main hun."
"Fuck."