Chapter-22: Doesn't He Deserve Love?

(A/N: Second update for the day. Okay the thing is I was too jobless today so I thought of writing some parts and publishing them because this week has been pretty nice for me. Anyways, hope you people like the update. Thoda emotional hoga I guess but mujhe rona nahi aaya. Anyways, let's see. Aap log bhi vote aur comment karna, don't forget haan? Varna no more updates this month. Nice dhamki? But I'm serious. Okaythanksbye.)

---------------

"Fight against the world, my strong boy." Those were the last words he said. Manik's father was shot and he tumbled down into Manik's arms. Abhimanyu had shot Manik's father.

"Dad... Dad, listen... Wake up... This ain't a joke, okay?" He tried, patting his father's cheeks to make him gain consciousness. Tears made their way through his eyes.

"Abhimanyu, you will pay for this." He screamed, with tears in his eyes. He rushed with his father in his arms, to his car. Cabir and Dhruv followed Manik's car. He drove to the hospital.

••••••••••••

He sat outside, with his shirt covered with blood. He was facing the biggest pain in his life. Losing a loved one. This time, it hurt him more than it hurt him last time, when he heard that Alya was dead. But seeing is believing. His dad fell into his arms. If anything happened to his father, Manik would blame himself for it for the rest of his life. He sat on the chair, tipping his head back to support it with the wall. His eyes were closed, but tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"Manik..." He heard two voices calling his name out. He sat straight and looked at them. Another pin pricked his heart for trusting them, who betrayed him. Cabir, his best friend, betrayed him. Mukti, his sister, betrayed him and now, she was somewhere he didn't know about. They walked towards him and he closed his eyes for a moment, and changed his expressions. He hid his pain to face them.

"Fight against the world, my strong boy". His father's words rang in his head.

"Hmm..." He said, acting normal, smiling. How I knew how much it hurt him to behave indifferently to his best friends. They deserved it, though, for the pain they gave him.

"Manik, stop acting. We know you are in pain. Don't try to act brave. We know you inside-out." Cabir said, angrily and Manik smiled sarcastically. He stood up from the chair.

"You don't, Cabir. You don't know me. Or rather, I don't know you. Any of you. All of you have given me more pain than..." He snapped his fingers to emphasize on his pain. His voice began to crack. Cabir got furious.

"Say it, Manik. Come on. We deserve to hear it." Dhruv said. They were betrayers and it hurt him more than death to see them not trust him, not believe him, not confiding in him.

"Fuck it. It doesn't matter." He said, with tears in his eyes.

••••••••••

I felt terrible at home, alone. Manik wasn't talking properly to me since the time he left home and that kept bothering me. I sat at home, doing nothing but watch TV and munch on junk.

•••••••••••

"Doctor, now how is he?" Manik asked the doctor, impulsively as soon as he walked out of the ward.

"Hard to say, Manik. His chances of surviving are low. He got shot close to his spine. There are chances for survival but then, he will be in coma." The doctors words blew his last ray of hope away. His father was the only one who could understand him and stand for him. He was on the verge of killing his own father. He blamed himself for not saving him earlier.

"Doctor please. I need him. He is my life. Please do something." Manik pleaded but doctors weren't magicians.

"We're trying our best." The doctor said and walked away. Manik stepped backwards until he felt the chair behind his legs. He fell into it and began to cry.