Chapter-15: Monster Manik

(A:N: Girls, okay so yeah. Just as much as you people love this book, I love it too so even in my busy schedule, I tried my best to give you guys an update. Please vote and comment because if it weren't for your support, I wouldn't have even written this update. So I would appreciate good response on this chapter too. Now I'm going on a vacation so see you all in mid-December. Till then, keep shining like the stars. Stay blessed. Take care.)
--------

That day, Manik went to office later in the afternoon. He told me that he would have his dinner outside because he had a business meeting to attend to. I spent my day watching television, going out for a walk and playing with the kids in the neighborhood.

Later that night, Manik came home. He was so angry. As soon as I opened the door, he pushed me against the wall and shoved a paper in front of my face.

"What is this?" I looked at him, confused because he put the paper so close to my face that I could hardly see anything. I pushed him back gently to have a look.

The richest man in Mumbai in an affair after his lost love?

I stared at that headline for about 2 minutes before Manik pulled me closer to him and brought me out of my world.

"Did you pick my call in the morning?" He dug into my skin and it hurt. I gulped a couple of times.

"Yeah." I almost whispered because of the pain and his anger.

"Damn it!" Manik let me go and ran his fingers in his hair.

"Why did you have to pick it, Nandini?" He screamed loudly and I couldn't speak. He was never that angry before and it freaked me out.

"Ma-Manik, you we-were asleep and..."

"Shut up." He pushed me to the wall and stood incredibly close to me.

"But didn't you already introduce me as your girlfriend?" I gulped.

"Ahan? So this is your plan? You want people to think that we're in a relationship?"

"Manik, you were the one who claimed me to be your girlfriend in front of your company."

"So you're playing along, isn't it? You're enjoying this, aren't you? This identity?" He spat into my face.

"Manik..." I cried and he held me tighter, cutting me in between.

"Listen Nandini, don't interfere in my professional life. Do not. Am I clear?" I nodded and he let go of me.

"And I don't love you. So stay away from me." He walked upstairs while I caressed my arms to ease the pain. Monster Manik. Before he reached the room, I ran to him and stopped him.

"You don't love me, right?" He crossed his arms and stood with the support of a wall, rolling his eyes at me.

"Then what is this?" I showed my hand to him and his eyes softened.

"What is this supposed to mean?" I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. He looked confused. I pulled his collar.

"Bolo na? Chup kyun ho?"

"Kya bolun? Listen... It's nothing like what you're thinking, okay? I don't need to explain anything to you anyways." He jerked my hand and walked past me. Tears brimmed in my eyes. We were back to square one. After everything that happened, we were back to that 'I-don't-have-to-give-you-any-explanation' situation. I stomped into the room and the power went.

"What the hell?" He screamed in annoyance and the next thing I heard was him calling out for me.

"Nandini?" I kept quiet. I didn't need his concern.