Chapter-26: Let Me Heal You

(A/N: Ahh. Hey girls. Anyone missed me? Well, I had issues with my Wi-Fi and I couldn't really write on Wattpad last week but no worries, it's alright now. I will be trying to give regular updates depending on the response I receive. This story requires me to put my heart and soul in it so it's discouraging when I don't get good response. Please vote and comment guys. Its disheartening to see hardly 200 comments on a story that gets 5K reads per chapter. I ain't going further. If you want the next update, then please vote and comment. Okaythanksbye.)

-----------

We stood with our heads touching each other, crying. He was in so much pain and I was a major reason for it. He slit his wrist because he couldn't stand the fact that I was drifting away from him and what was I thinking? That he didn't love me? If I had any questions about his love for me, they had to be confirmed with that gesture of his. I cupped his cheek, wiped his tears and kissed him on the forehead softly. I looked back at him and he pulled me into his arms for a tight hug. It was almost after two entire days that we were that close to each other. I knew I was submitting myself to him but it didn't matter. I wanted to assure him that I'll stay no matter what. I wanted to change his opinion about love and I would do anything I could to heal him. I wrapped my arms tight from under his arms and clutched his jacket behind.

"Manik, I love you." I dug my head into his chest and pushed myself into him. I missed him so much. The last 24 hours were worse than hell for me. If God granted me a single wish before I died, I would want him to reverse those 24 hours so that we could relive it again, with better memories. I sobbed into his arms and he caressed my head gently with his palm.

"I know you do. I just can't lose you, Nandini. I don't want to." He whispered into my ear and I slowly let go of him. The Manik who stood before me, was defenseless. He was a vulnerable soul. Perhaps the incidents preceding our union replayed in his mind in those last 24 hours. He lost his best friend, his girlfriend, father and then... me. I studied his eyes and divulged into them while I was lost in my thoughts and his eyes softened, breaking my trance.

"And I promise... I didn't... kill..." I didn't let him complete. I knew how much it hurt him to say those words. He loved my baby like his. He never addressed him as 'your' baby. It was always 'ours'. I shook my head negatively and he closed his eyes, letting a teardrop trickle down his cheek. I placed the pad of my thumb on his cheek and gently wiped the tear.

I placed my lips on his gently, and wrapped my arms around his neck. Though it was rare that I had to initiate, he would never do so in such extremely emotional situations even if he knew we both needed it. Manik was a man of aggression, arrogance, impulsiveness, stubbornness, impatience yet deprived of love and care. He had built walls around his heart, trying to block people from fetching a place in it. He seemed rude and mean to people so that he could delineate himself as a stronger human being in front of other people. But I was there, to heal him. I kissed him softly, trying to make him believe that I still felt the same for him, and always will. I loved him, I love him and I will love him, always.

"I know. I am sorry." I muttered against his lips as we separated from each other. I tried to hold his hand and my hand brushed against his when I felt something wet. Before I could look at it, Manik winced in pain. His cuts. We had totally forgotten about them. "Manik, chalo. We need to get this medicated. Come." I glanced at his cuts that had turned a dark shade of red. There was some of his blood on the back of my dress too but I couldn't care much.

"No Nandini, it's alright. I am fine. I've handled these situations on my own before." He walked towards our room and pulled the side table drawer. He grabbed some cotton and a bandage cloth and sat on the bed. There was blood oozing out of his wounds and they had made a tiny pool on the floor. I tried my best to convince him with fake threats and he finally gave in. Navya drove us to the hospital and Manik just held my hand tight. I smiled and held his injured hand with one of my hands and hugged him by the waist with another, resting my head on his chest and whispering things to him.