Chapter 16: Meeting the parents (Part 2)

A day after I met Mark's parents has passed and it's my turn to show him my parents. My mom is very excited, judging by the preparations she has done and dad has got the day off just to meet Mark. Rob is also coming form college and Danny is very excited to see Mark again as well. As for me, I feel relieved. I had been waiting for this day for so long. Mark is coming around seven and it's now five o' clock. I cleaned my bedroom, since we will be staying up here after dinner. I made sure my little surprise for Mark is ready and then I started searching for some clothes.

I found a black knee dress and dark purple flats with a white necklace. Then I went to the bathroom to get a nice and warm bath. After I finished I dressed up and called Mina.

"What up gurl?" she asked.

"I. Am. Freaking.Out." I said.

"Oh come on! You're gonna be great! Trust me he will love your parents. They are lovely."

"It's not my parents I am afraid of. It's Rob. What if he tries to be the overprotective brother and say something unexpected and inaproppreate and scare Mark or even worse embarass him. It will be destroying. Oh my God! What if-"

"Lauren stop! Everything will be alright. Breath in. Breath out."

"Thanks. I am ready. I am going to do great, right?"

"Right. Now go. You are perfect."

"Okay. Thanks again Mina. See you tomorrow."

"See ya babe." she said and I hunged up. Just then the doorbell rang and mom iinformed us all by shouting, that Mark is here. I rushed downstairs and came face to face with a handsome guy, who looke stunning wearing a traditional black tuxedo.

My boyfriend.

"Hello."I said grinning.

"Hey. You look beautiful." he said and placed a light kiss on my cheek, sending shivers down my back. I am a fool for you.

"Thanks, you look great yourself."

"Oh my Godness gracious! You guys are perfect for each other!" mom interrupted.

"MOOOM." I said angrily and glared at her, earning a deep chuckle from Mark. "Let's go inside to meet the rest of the family, don't we?" I said and we headed inside.

Dad and Rob were sitting at the dinning table and they both stood up when they saw Mark.

"Dad this is Mark. Mark this is my dad." I introduced them to each other and watched them shaking their hands.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Moore." Mark said.

"Nice to meet you too son." Son? God dad!

"And I guess you already know my brother Robert."

"Yes I do. Nice to see you again Rob." he said and extended his hand. Rob eyed him suspiciously for a second, but shook his hand anyway. Thank God.

"I wish I could say the same." Rob said and smiled slyly.

"Rob." I growled and glared at him.

Mark just took my hand in his and clenched it a litlle bit to assure me.

"I suppose Dan is watching cartoons and forgot that you were coming. Rob, why don't you bring him?" mom said saving the day.

Rob nodded and went to Dan's room to get him. The rest of us settled down on the table, me sitting next to Mark of course.

"So, where do you live, Mark?" dad asked.

"As Lauren informed me I live next to your mother's house."

"Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you." I said.

"It's okay. My mother lives in the suburbs close to the beach and I remember,now, that her neighbor was a radio producer. Shawn Wyler?"

"Yes! That's my father."

"Well that's great! Anyway, did you know that my family is from Texas?"

"No. Lauren never mentioned that."

"Well, we have a house there and I was thinking maybe we should go there for a few day. You are also invited Mark."

"What?" me and Mark said in unison.

"It would be great if you came. I am just thinking that Lauren might need some accompany since she doesn't have friends there and Rob will not be able to join us this year."

"Thank you. I appreaciate your invitation." Mark looked over at me and I smiled at him.

"Yeah it's a great idea dad."

"MARK!" a high pitched voice said.

"Hi, Dan!" Mark said and hugged Dan.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too buddy." Mark ruffled his hair.

"Let's dig in. Enjoy your meals." mom said and we started eating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour of million questions, delicious food and drinks me and Mark were able to go upstairs to my room.

"I'm sorry if it was disappointing. Especially Rob. He was an arse."

I was silenced by soft lips on mine and arms on my hips pinning me against my bedroom's door. It took me while to respond but when I did everything felt just perfect. My hands found their way to his neck wrapping by themselves, while my tongue fought with his for dominance. Of course he won, sending the butterflies in my tummy free, making them look around for their path, btu failing to have a right direction.

"Wow." I whispered when he pulled away, panting. He smiled and took his arms off of me.

"I got something for you." I said and moved away from him. "I thought you would like it."

I took the box from under my bed and put it on top of it. He came silently beside me and I opened it revealing it's content. He gasped and grazed the top of the vynil records.

"Those are great. Where did you find them?" he whispered.

"My mom collects them. She loves them, but those are some she doesn't like that much and she wanted to throw them away. I thought that you would like to have them."

"Lauren." he said placing his index finger under my chin raising my head to look me in the eyes. "You are so stupid." he said and kissed me softly. Featherishly, like I would break if he put more force to the kiss.

"Excuse me?" I asked puzzled.

"I like you. I don't know if I can survive without you." he said and kissed my neck.

"Oh!" I said and gasped when he bite my neck.

"Do you feel the same way?" he asked innocently.

"Hell yes, I do." I said and kissed him passionately.