Chapter 4: Wait. What?

When the play finished, we left the theatre.

"So will you go home on foot?" he asked me and a smirk tugged on his face.

"Okay. I ll let you drive me home" I said and he whispered a yes. "Where's your car?" I asked

"Not away from here. Come on." We walked for a few minutes when he stopped.

"There she is." He said pointing at a car. I looked at it.

"No way. That can't be possible. How old are you again?"

"Um. Seventeen?" he said not understanding why I asked.

"And you drive a mustang?" I laughed sarcastically. "No freaking way. She is a Sally one. No one in this town drives, as far as I am concerned, a mustang sally. That can't be possible. Oh my God!" I stopped and breathed. "Can I touch her?"

He looked at me shrugging. "Sure. I didn't know you had a passion about cars."

"Not just random cars. But yeah" I said leaning my hand to touch her.

Maybe I was overreacting, but there are a lot of people who get crazy when they see a mustang sally. Right?

"Well. It's freezing here lets go inside." He said.

"Oh! It's my honor to sit on her." I said and opened the door.

"My dad got a Shelby last year and he gave me this one." I screamed and took him by surprise.

"where have you been all my life?"

"I was here all the time." He smirked "How did this start?"

"I was ten and my dad was offered two tickets for a car race. It was a mustang versus a Maserati. He would actually take my brother with him, but he had to study. So he instead took me. At first I thought it would be boring, but it wasn't. In the end although the Maserati won the mustang caught my attention. My dad and I still attend these races. You should come with us. The next game is on Sunday five o' clock." I looked at him.

"Like a date?" he asked.

"No, just two people sharing their interest. Plus my dad is going to be there."

"But I thought you didn't want your parents to meet me."

I'm so screwed up.

"Well, I ll introduce you as my friend. Anyway, Scott is coming to school tomorrow so the only way we can hang out is just in class."

"We are just friends, as you said."

I chuckled. "Scott is pretty jealous when I hang out with other boys. I just wanted to explain that to you in case you think I am avoiding you. I won't. You and Mina are the most interesting thing that happened to me these two days." He smiled. Oh crap! Don't let him think you kinda like him.

"I never had a friend who liked musicals and cars."

I am an official genius. Friend zone. I can almost see his disappointment.

"We are here. Goodnight." He muttered.

"What's with that look? You're trying to get rid of me, huh? Alright, goodnight Mr. Cellophane." I said and kissed his cheek getting out of the car. I climbed the stairs and got into the house.

"Mina" I yelled. "I'm home." I said and then saw that Mina and Dan were both asleep at the couch. They were so cute, Mina hugging him tight. I went to my room changed my clothes to pjs and slept on the arm chair next to them.

————————————————————————

It's Friday! Do you know what that means? Tomorrow is Saturday my favorite day of the week. I can watch a movie or go out with Mina or Allison. TGIF!!