Chapter 7: Lauren and Scott? Just friends?

"Laurie. Shhh. It's fine. Come here."

Scott said widening his arms for a hug.

"Do you know how hard this is? It's been two years. Damn it. Two whole years I try to convince myself that he is dead. And still I can't believe it." I said and started sobbing. I put my hands at his waist, closing the space between us.

"My mom asked me what were the last things he said to me. It was 'I'm going to get some soda. Do you want some?'. And guess what. He never came back."A tear escaped my eyes and landed at the bouquet of flowers Scott had left at his grave.

Irony...

Water brings life to flowers. But my flower was gone. Forever.

---------------------------------------------------------

"It's all messed up Mina." I was lying at my bed and my hand was pressing my phone to my ear.

"What happened? Please give me details and speak slowly so that I can understand."

"Okay, remember I told you I have feelings for Mark right? So I don't know if he is the only one I have feelings for... I always thought that Scott and I were friends but I don't know after I cried for like ten minutes on his shoulder I did something I could never imagine I would."

"And that is... please help me."

"I told him I love him."

"You did WHAT? Oh my holy Kim Kardashian!!You know that I love you means we are actually a couple that might last forever. Anyway, what did he say?"

"He said 'Really?' at first then I nodded and he said 'I love you too'. I don't know Mina. It was just a burst out and it felt good for me to say I love you. Maybe this I love you meant something like I love you as my best friend."

"Just give me a second my brain doesn't function that fast." She let out a sigh. "I say you're a grown up woman – sorry overreacting- and you should make your own decision. So, why not inviting him in the race and then talk to him?"

"No I can't wait till Sunday. I'll just call him. Enough about me. What about you? Any plans?"

"My bro is back for the weekend. He is still stupid so nothing changed pretty much."

"Pretty much?"

"Yeah he has another girlfriend now. Her name is- please don't laugh."  she paused "Claire Bunions."

Seriously?

"I'm sorry I can't." I burst out laughing and fell from my bed.Mina started laughing too.

"Oh my God. Remember one of his girlfriends, who had really bad nosebleeds and even if she sneezed her nose would still bleed. That is even worse."

"Just check out if she has bunions or nosebleeds. We don't want that." I said laughing harder.

"Lauren I can't catch a breath. Please stop." I stopped immediately.

"OK see you tomorrow. Bye!" I said and hanged off before her reply just because I wanted to laugh.

After a couple of seconds I texted Scott.

Hey. Do you want to come over? I need to talk to you.

He responded a bit later.

Sure I ll be there as soon as I can.

My parents went for a walk with Dan. I heard the bell ringing and I opened the door.

"Hey come in." I said and he did.

"So what is the big news?" he said and sat down at the couch. He was feeling like home in my house. He had been here a million times. I sat in front of him at the other couch and started explaining everything.

I talked and talked and talked. I told him about Mina and Mark. But mostly about Mark.

"I never cheated on you. But Mark reminded me a bit of Chris and I- "

He cut me off. "I have cheated on you Lauren. I'm sorry, but you must know that. I had other relationships with girls while we were dating. I know it's really awful, but- ''

Now I cut him off. "You should know that I didn't mean the thing I told you. I mean I said I love you and I mean it, but not like that. You re my best friend. And I really appreciate what you have done for me." I said smiling.

"Best friends?" he said.

"Best friends." I said back. "Wait. There is something else. I saw Mark kissing Allison. What should I do? I really like him and I think he likes me too. But maybe I misunderstood it.""I can handle this. I have a plan."He explained his plan to me. Oh Scott Dalton! You are a freaking devil genius.