Chapter four: The recital

"Harry, listen, about last night, I wanted to say thank you." I said, as I made myself coffee. "Of course. And about the kiss, I am so sorry that happened." He said. I shook my head. "Don't stress over it." I replied. He nodded, and got out a mug. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I blushed. "I'll make you breakfast." He said. "What? No, no. I'm the nanny." I replied. He shook his head. "Fine." I huffed.

"Daddy, why do I have to get up so early?" Kaylin asked, walking down the stairs. "Because Bella said you can get ready with her. Which means, you get to see India." Harry replied. She smiled brightly, and ran to me. "Thank you!" She exclaimed. I smiled, and kissed her head.

+++

"So, this is my outfit." I said, holding up the hanger. The costume was short. Short skirt. Tight, short top, and boots. "It's pretty!" Kaylin exclaimed. "Yes, but you do not wear things like this." I replied. She nodded, and continued to pet India. I have to say, this recital is going to be really good! We are doing dances, we never done before. Like the lifting, the dance moves, it's quite something.

"Bella." Kaylin said. I looked at her. "Can I ask you something?" She asked. "Of course baby." I replied. "Do you think my mummy will come back?" She asked, in her thick accent. I sighed, and sat next to her. "Baby, I think her vacation she's on, is doing really well, so I think she might stay there for a longer time." I replied. She nodded.

Kaylin was only four when Shauna and Harry broke up. She didn't know what was going on. So, Harry told her she went on a vacation, for a long time, somewhere over the rainbow, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. She still doesn't know, but I can't tell her what really happened. That's for Harry, and only Harry. Not me.

+++
"Welcome to our recital. There's only dancers from our dance company, who are dancing today. And the dancers have worked very hard, and long hours. They are excited to be able to share their talents with you today, so please, enjoy." My teacher said. The audience clapped, and the lady backstage called the first act out.

"So, is Harry in the audience tonight?" Jason asked, as I stretched. "Yes, bend my legs." I replied. He lifted my legs up, and bent them over my head. "What happened last night, after you two went home?" He asked. "Um, nothing." I replied. "Lies." He stated. I sighed. "We kissed." I replied. He jumped up. "Bells! I told you!" He yelled. "Would you shut up." I snapped, pulling him down. I held my hands out, and he helped me up.

"He totally likes you." He said. I shook my head. "Jay, he's twenty four years old." I replied. He shook his head. "Your point is? I mean, Chris Pratt is, thirty six years old, and I kiss him every night." He said. "That's on a poster, dumbass." I replied. "Same thing." He said. I shook my head.

+++
"Now, we have a special dance for all you single men out there." My teacher said. "He is so creepy." Jason whispered. I nodded. "Please welcome, Bella Foster, with Hips Don't Lie." He said. Everyone clapped, and I walked out on stage. I heard some whistles in the audience, and I automatically tensed.

I turned around, and started dancing. Lots of whistles were going off, and lots of flashes. I heard people singing along, and I smiled. Kaylin looked like she was having fun. She was jumping in her seat, and laughing. Perfect view, thanks to second row seats.

I looked next to Kaylin, seeing Harry smiling. But he wasn't looking at me. He was smiling at the girl who was sitting next to him. She looked like she was his age, and their hands were entwined. I looked around, and saw Jason smiling at me, and nodding.

It was the part where I do my 'special' move. Back flip. I took a deep breath, and did it. Instead of landing on my feet, I landed right on my leg, and everyone gasped. I attempted to get up, but fell down. I shook my head towards Jason, and he told the person to stop the music. He ran out on stage, and kneeled next to me. "Can you move it?" He asked. I shook my head. The unbearable pain!

My teacher came out on stage, and sighed. "We are very sorry for the difficulty. I guess the dancer was not properly stretched. And she will not be dancing." He said. I looked at him, and he shook his head. "Come on. We need to get you to the medics." Jason said, picking me up. He helped me stand up, but held me, once I almost fell down again.

"What happened?" Jason asked. "Like Tristan said. Not stretched properly." I replied. "Please, Bella, I saw you do five back flips just before. You were perfectly fine. And I helped you stretch. What happened?" He replied. I shook my head, and sighed. "He was with a girl." I said. He looked at me. "Harry?" He asked. I nodded. "But I thought you said you two kissed." He replied. "We did. But I guess he doesn't like me. Just like my mom says, a helper, is always a helper, nothing more, nothing less." I said. He sighed.

"Does this hurt?" The medic asked. I nodded. "How about this?" She asked. I nodded. "Alright, well, it's definitely sprained." She said. I looked down. "Can I dance?" I asked. "No. It's not safe for you to dance." She replied. I nodded slowly. "Stay off of it." She demanded. I nodded. "Jason tells me you're a nanny." She said. I nodded. "How old is the kid?" She asked. "Six." I replied. "Don't walk on your foot. We will wrap it, and give you crutches, and eventually, you will get a boot." She said. I nodded.

"What the hell Bella!" My teacher yelled. "I'm sorry." I sighed, looking down. "Sorry, isn't cutting it." He said. I sighed again. "I have no other choice, but to kick you out." He said. "What! No! Please don't!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, but I gave you this number, and you failed in the flip. You said you were all trained, and stretched, but you lied." He said. I shook my head, as tears fell from my face. "I'm sorry! Please!" I cried. He shook his head. "Don't come back to the studio." He said, walking out.

+++
"Hey, I heard what happened." Jason said, walking to me. "Bastard kicked me out." I said. "I'm sorry." He replied. I shook my head. "My parents were right. Dancing isn't my thing." I said. "Isabella London Foster, do not say that." He yelled. "It's true. I got kicked out. I'm not good." I replied. "You got kicked out, because of one fall, and a major injury. It was one fall, Bells. Don't let that bring you down." He replied. "Easy for you to say. You have the perfect life. The perfect boyfriend. Perfect family. Hell, you lived here all your life." I replied. He sighed.

+++

"Hey, you okay?" Harry asked. "Just fine." I snapped, hopping to the car. I heard him sigh, and then he opened his door. "It was one fall, you'll have other numbers to do." He said, starting the car up. "No I don't. I won't have anymore numbers." I replied. "Don't quit dance, because of this fall." He laughed. "I got kicked out." I snapped, turning to him. His face went blank, and he looked at me. "Bella, I-" "I don't want your pity." I snapped.

"Just drop me off at home." I said. "No, you can't go home, are you crazy! Walking up those stairs. You'll come back to my house." He replied. "No, I won't. I don't want to. Take me home." I said. "Bella, what is going on?" He asked. "Fine. Take me to your house. But if you think I'm going to talk to you, you're wrong." I snapped.

+++

I sat on Harry's couch, with my foot up, wrapped in ice. He put Kaylin to bed, just over five minutes ago. He's probably doing work in his office, or something. His usual Saturday nights. If he asks what happened, I'll just say, I wasn't stretched enough. He doesn't need to know anything. And he shouldn't know anything.

"So, tell me what happened." Harry said, sitting next to me. "I wasn't stretched enough." I stated. He sighed. "Okay, look, I know you don't want to talk to me, for some unknown reason, but seriously, I am just trying to help you." He replied. "Help me? If anything, you're the reason why I sprained my ankle, and the reason why I got kicked out. Don't think I didn't see you with that girl next to you!" I yelled. He sighed.

"You can't just kiss me, and then put your hand around my waist, make me breakfast, bring me places, and then do this with someone else, Harry! You're the reason why I did this!" I yelled. "Look, Bella, putting my hand around your waist, is a friendly gesture. Making you breakfast, is also a friendly gesture. Bringing you places, is a given, since you're Kaylin's nanny. That kiss, was a mistake. It meant nothing." He replied.

"You're right. It meant nothing. How stupid." I said, with a fake smile. "See." He replied. I nodded, and got up. "Where are you going?" He asked. "To show you that, that kiss, meant absolutely nothing to me." I replied.