Chapter three

"Tickets please."

We had eventually arrived at the front of the queue, the trip from the back to where we were now not taking too long.

Mia was in charge of the tickets and I watched as she struggled to pull them out of her pocket. NeitherMia nor I had made eye contact with the member of staff in charge of collecting in the tickets. This being because I'm almost positive if we did we'd end up in a spluttering heap on the floor.

The woman had a very unique colour of hair. It was, dazzling to say the least. Instead of having a natural auburn, she had selected a bright, fluorescent orange which I was 100 percent certain was not natural.

I couldn't look at Mia because she was trying not to laugh and I couldn't look at the women because she was the cause of me trying not to laugh, so instead I stared at my converse, making a mental note that they needed a thorough wash.

Once Mia had finally displayed our tickets, after a mini panic of thinking we'd lost them, we were allowed to enter the building.

We immediately burst into fits of laughter once out of earshot of the significant hair coloured woman.

"I want to ask her what shade of orange she uses..." Mia pouts, giggling afterwards.

"It's probably a dye from Morrison's called 'Pumpkin Glow'!" I chuckled, the idea of that being an actual hair colour name causing my laughter to become louder.

"More like 'Pumpkin Paradise'!"Mia added, resulting us having to stop and hold onto each other in order to continue standing on two feet. We were so weird but that's what made it even funnier.

We joined on to another queue that luckily shortened twice as fast as the previous one. This line was for a brief security check where both Mia and I were told we couldn't take our half full coke bottles in.

We drank as much as possible and huffed as we reluctantly threw them away, rolling our eyes at the fact we weren't allowed to take them in with us.

"Great, now my plan of taking those explosives in my coke and throwing them on stage is ruined!" Mia said rather loudly, sarcasm clear in her words. She received many dirty looks from members of staff and security and I just nudged her slightly as if to tell her to shut up before we stepped onto an escalator to take us to our seats.

The thought of being amongst thousands more vampettes while our heroes sing our favourite songs in less than half an hour was overwhelming. I was so inexplicably excited I couldn't even imagine the contentment I would be feeling very soon.

We arrived at the top of the escalator and made our way through some double doors where we found ourselves in the foyer of the arena. The large hallway type of ring ran the full circumference of the O2 and held all the different types of stalls.

There were food stores, merch stores, face paint and much more. Mia clutched my arm in excitement and I think if I wasn't so full of adrenaline it would of hurt like crazy.

Dragging our huge sign along with us, we scanned our tickets and decided on finding our seats. We didn't say anything about merch and tried our best to avoid the eye catching stalls since we had no money left. But we weren't going to let the fact that we couldn't buy a couple of t-shirts bring us down. We were stood, in the O2, waiting until our idols would take to the stage and give us the best night of our lives.

The inner wall of the foyer had large opening every so often that opened up into the stadium. We were in entrance H so made it our mission to find it. The entrance letters were written on in huge bold colours and it wasn't hard to find the correct opening.