Chapter sixteen

The bus pulled in just before 2am as the bright lights that hung from the interior of the station illuminated the bus.

As it came to a halt my nerves erratically increased and I stood up, pulling my dress down slightly before walking off. I thanked the driver and stepped into the station, my eyes scanning round.

The place was almost empty. Almost. I watched as others greeted their companions at the early hour of the morning and stood alone waiting to meet mine. It didn't take long before I saw him walking directly towards me.

My breath hitched in my throat as I took in his appearance. His sunglasses shielded his eyes from the sun that wasn't even there so I automatically assumed it was so he didn't get recognised, his black jeans hugged his legs and his dr martens fitted his feet. Overall he looked hot and the leather jacket that pulled the entire outfit together gave him the edge that practically made my mouth water.

As soon as he saw me his features softened and his steps didn't get any slower as he approached me. Before I knew it, his arms were around my small frame as I sunk into his jacket, his smell intoxicating as I thanked the maker of his cologne. I found myself winding my arms around his back, gripping on to him for dear life as I felt my legs weaken.

I was feeling so much right now. I was feeling upset, negative, gratitude and awe all at the same time, each emotion the result of a different thing. Right then and there I had never wanted to thank someone so much for being there for me, especially since it was Brad. I mean I still can't seem to get my head round why he's taken such an interest in me and why he's decided to be so caring and considering.

These kind of things don't happen to me and whenever I see him, speak to him or even interact with him I can't comprehend my overall situation. It's crazy.

I felt every movement, every action as we stayed like that for a good few seconds. I felt his hand rubbing gently on my back, I felt his heart hammering even under all his layers of clothing, I felt his curls tickle at my face and I felt his hot breath fan over my ear. I wanted to cry at how overwhelmed I was right now.

We eventually pulled away and he looked straight at me- obviously he still had his glasses on but I knew he was staring directly into my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice sounding genuinely concerned as his hands came to rest on my upper arms.

"I'm good." I replied quietly, my voice nearly cracking at the close proximity and the occurrences that I tried to forget on the bus but seemed to be coming back to me in a sudden rush all at once. I could tell he didn't believe me but he didn't press me further. He gave me space which is what I thought I needed, but all I wanted was to be held close in this vulnerable state of mine. I needed to be told everything was okay. Because I knew it wasn't.

**

B r a d

"You must be freezing." I said, changing the subject from how she was feeling. I easily slid off my jacket and didn't bother asking if she wanted it. I could see her shivering.

She'd arrived in a short white dress and nothing else other than her heels and a tiny clutch bag. Damn she looked good but I kept telling myself now wasn't the time.

It broke me to see her so broken and I couldn't help but clench my jaw every time I thought of what that dick head had done. Seeing Brooke's pained face reminded me of it constantly and I did my best to calm myself down.

I wrapped the jacket round her, her arms fitting into the sleeves perfectly. Guaranteed it was too big for her, the hem dropping down to just below her waist, but she still pulled it off; I bet she could pull anything off.