Chapter twenty four

B r a d

In the little amount of time I had since Nat had asked the question, my mind had began racing, desperately trying to think of a suitable excuse. But there wasn't one.

"Err, yeah. Nat this is Brooke. Brooke, this is my sister Nat." I sighed, smiling softly at Brooke as I took in how wide her eyes were but at my gesture she seemed to relax slightly, smiling back before smiling at Nat too.

"Well it's nice to meet you, it's kind of awkward actually seeing as just before we were teasing Brad about you being his girlfriend in the car." Nat chuckled, my face falling into my hands as I wished to die.

"Yep thanks for that Nat." I said, Brooke stood awkwardly laughing in the cutest way, she had her fingers latched onto the small silver necklace that was attached round her neck, something I noticed she did whenever nervous or in an uncountable situation- for example, this one.

"Oh sorry." Nat laughed, pulling an awkward face which made Brooke laugh further. "Even more awkwardness."

I sighed again before stepping forward to shoo Nat away. "Okay yeah thanks for stopping by, yay for awkwardness, see ya later, have a nice day." I rushed my words, eager for her to leave, trying my best to avoid anything else said that could result in, if possible, even more awkwardness.

My actions only made Nat laugh more and Brooke had joined in again, I turned to look at her watching us, her smile as wide as it could go as she seemed to enjoy watching me behave uncomfortably.

"Alright alright, I get the hint." Nat said in between laughter. "I'll take Jesse back, it was lovely to meet you." Her and Brooke exchanged a smile and a wave as I sighed in relief, watching her walk off down the promenade. Finally.

Brooke was still giggling and I turned to look at her, trying my best to keep a disapproving, annoyed look on my face however, I was failing terribly considering I couldn't help but join in with her laughter.

"Well that could've gone better." I chuckled, picking up the ball Jesse had received from the sea.

"But it also could've gone worse." Brooke pointed out, "at least she didn't recognise me, she clearly doesn't see your Instagram posts."

I laughed, walking back along the wall to give the boys their ball back, Brooke following along with me.

"Well in that case, she clearly doesn't use any type of social media. You're literally everywhere." I laughed.

Screwing up her face she looked at me in confusion. "No I'm not?"

"Err, yes you are. I can't scroll through Twitter or Instagram without seeing you or your face mentioned somewhere. Most people know who you are."

"That's a tad exaggerated, but who's fault is it in the first place?" She questioned.

"What d'ya mean?"

"I didn't ask for you to post the picture on your Instagram and I also didn't ask for your follow on Twitter, them two factors are what's caused all this uproar, I'm just an innocent little girl." She smirked. We'd turned back and had began walking along the wall towards land, eventually reaching the promenade as we grew closer to the shops and the hustle and bustle of people.