Chapter four

Hundreds.

There were hundreds and hundreds of girls, all with the exact same idea as us. A massive crowd had formed and it almost seemed as though half the arena had gathered around the back where the bus was located.

My eyes fixed on a set of double doors situated on the wall of the building and I immediately assumed this was where the boys would exit the arena and enter their bus.

From where we were stood I could only make out two members of security so the boys probably wouldn't arrive for a while yet.

The sky was dark, no clouds in the way, allowing the full moon to cascade its reflected light from the sun down onto where we were stood. Starts glinted, dotted randomly around the sky and altogether it was a gorgeous night.

The weather, although windy, wasn't cold and standing amongst the many other girls, I felt almost too hot to keep my jacket on.

Feeling for my phone my heart dropped when I couldn't find it in my jacket, however, I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I felt it in the back pocket of my jeans.

Slipping it out, I pressed the home button and watched as a few Twitter notifications slid onto my lock screen. Glancing at the time I felt shocked to see it was 11:20 already, time flies when you're having fun.

The time however unsettled some thoughts inside my head and I began thinking the boys might not spend as much time as they normally would with the fans if it were in the middle of the day. They were all probably shattered, starving and in desperate need of either getting home or getting to the nearest hotel.

But as quickly as I'd unstirred these negative thoughts, I brushed them off, determined to stay optimistic. Looking at the bright side does actually help, I learnt that from the girl standing next to me.

Speaking of Mia, her eyes hadn't once left the double doors. It was quite ironic how I was just previously mentally praising Mia for her positivity when she began speaking. "If they come out those doors Brooke we have no chance of meeting them. They're gonna be all the way over there, we're all the way back here, they're probably tired, they probably just wanna leave, and they'll probably make no effort to even come in this direction and meet us."

I very nearly laughed at the irony but in the end didn't seeing as it wasn't a very funny situation anyway. "Guess we'll just have to wait and see." I shrugged, my words not changing Mias thoughts or feelings in the slightest.

**
11:30 came and there was still no sign of the boys. But we, along with everyone else, made no signs of leaving since the bus was firmly planted about 25 meters away from us, and that was from our knowledge the only method of transport the boys had to leave the venue.

Once or twice the security guards would make their way over to the significant double doors, only to then after wavering around for a while, return to their initial position. It was as if they enjoyed tormenting and teasing us, as if they purposely tricked us into thinking the boys were on their way.

Mia and I were a million miles away from the doors yet we still held a shred of hope. Even though it was most likely impossible for us to meet the boys, the thought of being in their presence and seeing them up close was too much to turn down, we weren't leaving even if the boys came out at 1 in the morning.

Just as I bent down slightly to reposition the poster that knelt annoyingly at our feet, the crowd became unsettled and disturbed, a few tiny shrieks sounding out. But it wasn't from the direction I was expecting. I stood upright and stared over at the double doors to see they hadn't budged.

Miraculously the shrieks had come from behind us, in the total opposite direction, maybe a few feet away from us at the most.

Shrieks turned into shouts and suddenly girls stood next to us were screaming at the top of their lungs. My height didn't give me any sort of advantage in any way and I just depended on Mia to explain what was going on.