Chapter One: Blue Eyes and Baby Eggs

"Cameron!" My step mom Cas yells, "Jace is at the door!"

I jump up from the couch and hurry to the door where my best friend stands before me.
"Yah ready to go?" He asks politely because Cas was standing right there.

"Yeah. Hold on lemme get my jacket." I quickly grab my jacket and trail behind him to his little cream colored car. It's embarrassing. I'd rather walk.

"Hey, you don't mind if we pick up Taylor do you?" He asks me. Taylor is his girlfriend. I don't hate her but she sure does get around. My girlfriend is amazing. Raven Cobb. She's perfect for me. We get along so well and we can relate and talk about everything.
"Yeah I don't mind."
Jace turns into Taylor's driveway as the short blonde runs over to the cream piece of shit and firmly sits in the back.

He leans over the console as does she and they suck face.
"Eww guys! Get a friggin room. Gah!"

Taylor giggles as Jace chuckles.
"Oh we will later."

><><><

We pull into the school as the announcements come on. I see Raven across the parking lot as I make my way over to her I attempt to get her attention. I fail as I get unwanted attention. Alex Parker. His dad and my dad have been buds since they were in elementary.

As for me, I hate Alex. He's a total asshole and a loss of good air.
"Wassup dick fucker?" He says as he trips me with his ugly black converse.
"I'm not the one fucking dicks around here..."

He gives an obnoxious hoarse laugh that made my spine cringe.
"Yah know Cammie-"

"Don't call me that." I snap at him.
"Wha? Why not? Isn't it fun Cammie? Being a victim of yours truely?"
"Burn in hell cunt..." I murmur as I push past his buff shoulder and power walk towards my girlfriend who is no longer at her car.

I head to homeroom before the bell rang for tardy. I have almost every period with Alex. Homeroom in fact. I glance at the door as everyone enters... accept Alex. Of course.

He's skipping. Like always. Oh well. Not my problem. I head to first period. Science. Fun. Did I mention I have science with Alex. And Raven. So it's not as bad as it could be. I usually suck up to Mr. Edison so I can be partners with Raven every project.

I sit down in my seat, in the back... beside Ravens seat. I fiercely stare at the door for what seems like forever, waiting for her to come. She never does. She's not here? She skipped? What the hell?

I glance at Mr. Edison as I quickly return my gaze back at the door. It opens. My eyes widen as I see Alex enter as my hope evaporates. I sigh sadly. I hear Alex plop down into Raven's seat beside me.

I glare at him.
"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" I whisper yell at him.
"Attending class Cammie... like normal kids do." He smirks.
"You're the one to be appointing that statement. You make Zach on Zach and Cody look like a good kid."

A loud raspy voice interrupts our conversation.
"Mr. Parker... Mr. Edwards? Something to share?"

"N-no Mr. Edison." I quickly save myself. But asswipe here has to be a smartass... he clears his throat as I watch his jaw tense lightly. I divert my gaze to my hands and clench them up into balls. Cameron wtf.

"Mr. Edison, I was just explaining to Cammie," as the class cracks up, "the importance of attending school."
"Well Mr. Parker. I'm sure if attending school it that important that you have to discuss it in my class, you'd love to attend school after hours a.k.a detention tomorrow. You and Cammie."

The class diverts their attention to me as they laugh in hysterics. I'm humiliated. I glare evily at Alex as he looks like a child who got told no.

"And since you two seem to want to talk... you can be partners in the project." My mouth drops to my feet. Not literally. "B-b-but Mr. Edison!"