18. The Plan

The mutilated sunlight of an another day, gently touched my face, over my eyes. I opened my eyes and got out of my bed, to walk to the balcony and looked outside. The warm sun rays were welcoming me. I saw pretty little birds, singing their songs on the trees, little squirrels, running on the ground, collecting their nuts. The day had a beautiful start. It had filled me with power.

I was also seeing a mother rabbit with her cute little son, who was hastily nibbling a carrot. He looked so carefree, so independent, yet he was in the eyes of his mother. Just then, I saw a fox, staring hungrily at him, ready to pounce on the innocent creature. But the mother rabbit was unaware of the Fox. She was busy in adoring her little son, growing up. I wanted to do something, wanted to warn her, to take her baby away with her, to keep him protected but I didn't know how to do it. Time was less. The Fox was approaching the family.

Warm arms, wrapped themselves around my waist. I turned around.
"Good morning, beautiful.", Jacob said to me.
But my mind was revolving around the little rabbit and her mother. And that, Jacob saw in my eyes.
"What happened?", he asked, getting serious all of a sudden.
"Jacob...", I said and turned around to see the rabbits.
The mother rabbit was now alarmed. She took her son with her and both of them took shelter in their burrow. They were safe.
The Fox was desperately waiting for them outside their burrow. After a few minutes he left, he knew he had failed.
Now I felt relieved. I let out a deep breath.

Jacob gently held my shoulders and turned me towards himself.
"What is it, Nessie?", he asked me again.
"Nothing. Everything's gonna be alright.", I replied, smiling.
He looked confused. Obviously, I was not making any sense.
I gave him a tight hug and then said.
"Let's go to Edmund, I have to tell him something."
I started walking out of the balcony but Jacob stopped me.
"Nessie, I think you don't remember, but you had a fight with him, last night. And you're acting very weirdly this morning." he said and then placed the back of his hand on my forehead.
"I think you have fever.", he said, very seriously.
I burst out laughing at his expressions. They were insanely funny.
This confused him even more. He looked more tense now. Maybe, he was thinking that I had gone mad out of tension.
"Nessie, please calm down.", he said again with those same expressions.
This made me laugh even harder.
Pulling his cheeks gently, I said.
"Jacob, you're so cute."
He blushed. This made him look even cuter.
"I am perfectly fine. And the fight that you mentioned, I don't even remember how it started."
This made him a little angry. Edmund had hurt my feelings and Jake didn't like that.
"Maybe you don't but I remember it." he said and turned his back towards me, "He made you cry.", he said in fist of anger.
"Jake.", I said, hugging him from behind, "Don't be angry. Forgive and forget."
"How many times, Nessie?", Jake asked turning around. I looked at his face, surprised.
"How many times do I have to forgive and forget everything about him? He had enough. I can never forgive anyone who made you cry.", he said and waited for my reply.
"Jake, right now, we need each other. And Edmund, was upset yesterday so I can understand his behaviour. Ofcourse, I felt bad that time, any normal person would but I gave it a long thought and I came to the conclusion that Edmund would never do this on purpose and so, I am absolutely fine now.", I replied.
Jake nodded, after a long thought.
"Let's go and talk to Edmund now.", I continued. He nodded once again.

I led him out of my room and I saw Edmund in the hallway, walking away from my room.
Not good. Edmund had listened to our conversation.
"Edmund!", I called out for him. He stopped turned around and smiled. Jake and I walked over to him.
"Ed.."
"Ness, before you say anything, I wanna apologise for my behavior last night. I hope you understand that I was upset and so I talked to you like that but I didn't do it on purpose.", said Edmund, cutting my sentence off.
"It's alright, Edmund. I understand." I replied smiling.
"I am sorry again.", said Edmund, not meeting my gaze.
"For what?", I knew the reason but I wanted him to tell us.
"Actually I was coming to your room to apologise to you and then I heard Jake and you laughing.", he said and looked at Jacob. Jake and I looked at each other.
"I thought, I should not disturb you. I was about to go when Jake, mentioned about the fight that we had last night. So I stopped. I know it was wrong but I was curious to know what you were thinking." he said and then looked at me.
He smiled now, such that his smile touched his eyes.
"Or more properly, I wanted to know, whether it was safe to come to your face.", he said and looked straight into my eyes.
Jake and I smiled.
"Jacob, I am really sorry. I always promise to not to hurt Ness, but I always end up doing that. I hope you understand.
"It's alright, Edmund. Not your fault this time." Jake said, placing his hand on Edmund's shoulder.
"Everything's okay now. So let's discuss a plan I just thought of." I said to both of them.
"Sure, let's go to the grand hall.", he said and turned around. He started leading the way and we started following him.