Chapter 6

From a a serious POV:
I was returning from work this afternoon. I passed by the ancient abandoned theatre & spotted the insensitive chimp hard at work. "What're u doing here?" I asked. "Painting." he replied, hopping off the ladder. "But why?" I asked, confused. He explained that he'd won the LMAO show & told me of his plans to build a Comedy Club. "Gimme a hand?" he asked, offering me a paintbrush & a can of paint. I agreed, since I wasn't too tired. "U know, I've always wanted to be a comedienne. My dad was a stand-up comic too, so was my mom. Harry Seinfeld introduced 'em to each other & then they were hitched!" I told him. "No way!" he exclaimed,intrigued by my story. "So, why didn't u follow ur dream?" he asked, painting a huge pink circle on the wall. I helped him. "Stage fright, I guess." I replied. "Well, that ends today!" he exclaimed, dropping the paintbrush & pulling me inside, towards the stage! He pushed me onto the stage. "U're gonna have to speak aloud though. There's no mic." he suggested. "There's no audience, either!" I pointed to the empty seats. "Gary understands English. Don't u, Gary?" he asked a workman. "My name's Geraldo." the man replied. "Perfect!" Sam exclaimed, cheerfully. "Giovanni! Bring in the others!" he gestured to a lanky man who called the other workmen inside to watch my performance. I was nervous, but in the end, Sam & a few of the workmen who understood my jokes applauded! "We should probably finish painting." I reminded & everyone got back to work. Sam & I continued painting the pink circle. "Thanks for giving me the opportunity." I thanked, moving closer to him. "That was impressive. U could be the opening,inaugural act. What d'you think?" he suggested. I couldn't help myself, he seemed cute & sweet all of a sudden, so....I kissed him! He was taken aback. "Sorry, I think it's a good idea. I'd love to be the opening..!" before I could complete my sentence, he kissed me back! We ended up painting a pink heart instead!
From a fun POV:
"Giovanni, let's go!" I called out to my slowpoke roomie. He appeared, carrying 2 heavy paint cans & brushes. "Leave all the work up to the Italian Stallion, why dont'cha!" he complained (that's his nickname for himself!) "Italian Stallion? U mean, Stallone's here?! OMG! Point me in his direction!" I teased. "Very funny. Now, hurry! Let's get this over with! I haven't eaten since morning & I'm cravin' lasagne!" Giovanni yelled. "I did offer u the last slice of pizza this morning." I reminded. "U mean, the half-eaten slice of pizza!" he corrected. We finally reached the abandoned theatre (soon to be my dream project, The LOL Club) p.s. Did I mention that I won the LMAO show? I'd hired a few workmen to help me & Gio out in painting the building. They were impatiently waiting for us & we soon began.
"Hold the ladder steady, Gio!" I ordered, as he fumbled with the ladder, almost knocking me off it. I deliberately dropped a splotch of paint on him. "This was my fav. T-shirt..." he cried out, before cussing in Italian! I chuckled. "Hey, look! It's Erica!" I exclaimed, as Erica stopped by. I waved & grinned at her & I asked her to help us paint after explaining my plans to her. She eagerly agreed. I learnt much more about her. About her parents & her dream to be a comedienne (& here I was thinking she was the most depressing person in the world!) I offered her a chance to perform on stage for me, Gio & the workmen(who were getting impatient, hungry & cranky!). She was a bit hesitant...but she was just hilarious! The cranky workmens' faces immediately lit up! This girl has potential...& also the hots for me! I suggested that she could be the opening act...& she kissed me in agreement! I was like-Whaaat?! & then she began mumbling an apology...& I kissed her back! We were painting a circle in which I intended to engrave the name of the club, but instead ended up painting a heart! Gio insisted on fixing it, but I insisted on cherishing it. p.s. I think I'm falling for her!♥